[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

3 minutes ago, ascender said:

Which got me thinking again yesterday (although might have been the morning pints and early afternoon hangover)... could we as a fan-base accept "success" in Europe over winning the league every year and adjust to that way of thinking?

I mean obviously the answer is a resounding "no", but if we can't have both...

Yip, but asking football fans to think reasonably is a lost cause....! 

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The league is our bread and butter - it's an old cliché but it's true.  

I can accept losing to the scum if we play well and put up a good fight - we did neither yesterday.  

I was discussing the game with a fellow Rangers fan yesterday and said exactly the same (goes for any game really). 

The League Cup Final 1-0 is a prime example. We lost the game but battered them all over Hampden. In fact, was probably the game where we lost that fear factor that had developed. 

Unfortunately and don't know why, that fear factor is back - we looked scared of them and are beaten before a ball is kicked.

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The league is our bread and butter - it's an old cliché but it's true.  

I can accept losing to the scum if we play well and put up a good fight - we did neither yesterday.  

That's the heart of it. It wasn't losing and it wasn't about tactics ... it was about 11 headless chickens capitulating collectively and as individuals. It's the complete surrender factor that sticks in my throat. That's when disappointment turns to humiliation.

Going back to throw-ins the last time I can remember was when Candeias took one to Windass(I think) and a goal was scored.Now we have ONLY the full backs taking them and taking an eternity to do so.

When I took primary school football,many moons ago,I taught the kids how to keep the game flowing with quick throw-ins/free kicks.

That cannot be a task beyond Gio and his coaches.

18 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Going back to throw-ins the last time I can remember was when Candeias took one to Windass(I think) and a goal was scored.Now we have ONLY the full backs taking them and taking an eternity to do so.

When I took primary school football,many moons ago,I taught the kids how to keep the game flowing with quick throw-ins/free kicks.

That cannot be a task beyond Gio and his coaches.

Exactly. And don't get me started on our one dimensional corners...

I didn't think that Kamara was deployed as a defensive midfielder yesterday.

Van Bronckhorst has played him in a more advanced role many times.

If we were really trying to avoid getting beat then we would have played either Arfield or Wright ahead of Tillman.