[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

13 hours ago, DMAA said:

The fact is, they have better players in most positions, and that’s a problem. Whose front 3 would rather have? Jota is better than Kent for me, quite comfortably. I’ve said that for a long time. Abada isn’t even that good an all round player but he’s like a second striker, a very reliable goalscorer. And then they have two reliable goalscorers in the middle. That is the biggest difference for me at the moment, they score from half chances. We wouldn’t score from them because we wouldn’t even have a player in those positions at the back post.

I don't disagree with you, but it's not personnel, for me. (Of course, that plays its part: they do have good players.)

It's the manager's philosophy. GvB's approach is stale. 

Switch the managers around, and we win.  

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't disagree with you, but it's not personnel, for me. (Of course, that plays its part: they do have good players.)

GVB seems to have merely adopted the same 4-3-3 system that was aleady showing staleness under Gerrard. Watching us grinding through the gears using much of the same methods yesterday was excruciating to say the least. Celtic were excellent yesterday in all departments but I would also state they were aided and abetted with our slow, sometimes suicidal and one dimensional play.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

GVB seems to have merely adopted the same 4-3-3 system that was aleady showing staleness under Gerrard. Watching us grinding through the gears using much of the same methods yesterday was excruciating to say the least. Celtic were excellent yesterday in all departments but I would also state they were aided and abetted with our slow, sometimes suicidal and one dimensional play.

No - it's different (we use wingers - SG had two #10s), but it's still stale AF.

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No - it's different (we use wingers - SG had two #10s), but it's still stale AF.

Agree. Our biggest problems right now. Slow sideways passing. Always going wide, crossing to one striker, reluctant to shoot from outside the box (this improved slightly with Lundstram and Lawrence) etc were all there under Gerrard.

28 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeh that’s very possible. I don’t have much confidence in Gio domestically at all, and yet his European success guarantees his safety for the foreseeable. I’ve resorted to pinning my domestic hopes on Roofe somehow staying fit for a longer period and getting a start in the right forward position, as he did in the 55 season. Emphasis on the word resorted

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh that’s very possible. I don’t have much confidence in Gio domestically at all, and yet his European success guarantees his safety for the foreseeable. I’ve resorted to pinning my domestic hopes on Roofe somehow staying fit for a longer period and getting a start in the right forward position, as he did in the 55 season. Emphasis on the word resorted

Where is the Roofe on the road to recovery? Not heard much 

40 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Switch the managers around and he'd change alot of the players.

Our squad is inadequate, not balanced, doesn't have enough energy, is only occasionally motivated and is primed for finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race.

This manager hasn't got what it takes to turn this around.