Various board changes through May

25 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It has been a fascinating month with Park, Robertson, Dickson, Wilson and Mulholland all leaving - that's five key people out with only one internal promotion so far. All this can be seen as a positive in terms of change but what is the strategy?

With an era-defining turnover of players imminent, no sporting director, no head administrator and no head of youth; how do we ensure continuity and, importantly, necessary improvement? Which investors are driving these changes? The chair needs to communicate.

cost cutting

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not a dig at you, mate, but the lack of respect for Dickson elsewhere is disheartening. He's a bluenose who has given over 30 years of service to the club.

From what I gather the lack of respect for him seems to be because his wife and son work/worked for the club in some capacity and that we have been crap this year. Not entirely sure of the value he did/didn't add in his role so I cant really say I have an opinion on this one.

• Frankie changed the title to Various board changes through May

My guess is we’re going to see one or two arrivals at boardroom level who’ll bring financial backing. These individuals will want their own people in place running the club in the key roles.

27 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not a dig at you, mate, but the lack of respect for Dickson elsewhere is disheartening. He's a bluenose who has given over 30 years of service to the club.

I didn't mean to imply anything against Dickson - just the old saying andante should have been more careful with my words. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I didn't mean to imply anything against Dickson - just the old saying andante should have been more careful with my words. 

I could tell that you didn't, which is why I said that it wasn't aimed at you, but others have been abusive, when they've probably got no idea as to what he does.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Rangers fans: Sack the board! The squad needs to be gutted! The club is an omni-shambles!

Rangers: *Make various board changes*

Rangers fans: All of these resignations are deeply concerning. I fear that there’s a bombshell heading our way. I'm worried.

:facepalm:  

Thats maybe not as daft as you think.  [Well, maybe I am...]

I am both pleased/relieved that we are grasping the nettle and realising that changes were needed on multiple fronts... but also at the same time a little nervous that we  aren't able to get replacements who are much different to what we have/had and we stagnate.   The scale and pace of change is also easy to mess up and could unsettle some of the staff who are performing well.

Celtic were able to turn things around very quickly with Fat Ange's appointment, and that will be the challenge for next season.  But if it doesn't happen, it wont take long for there to be many questions about the way these changes are happening.

We need calm heads and a clear vision.  In Bennett we are going to have to trust.

Edited by stewarty

Changes bring risk …. but not as much risk as no changes when things are going badly.

Many Rangers fans are now so risk averse as to be reluctant to risk even success.

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Changes bring risk …. but not as much risk as no changes when things are going badly.

Many Rangers fans are now so risk averse as to be reluctant to risk even success.

We've had our fingers burned pretty severely in the past, so some hesitance is only natural.  We need to push past this though, which is where the calm heads and vision comes in.   Its also only natural to ask what that vision is... our new Chairman's first proper interview will be interesting.