[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

44 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Possibly but McCrorie has played against them before, we won and he had a clean sheet... :)

Sure. It's not what I'd do, but Beale may look on it as being a safer bet, given the pressure on him to get a result.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Sure. It's not what I'd do, but Beale may look on it as being a safer bet, given the pressure on him to get a result.

McGregor is no longer a safe bet.

If Allan McGregor had retired at the end of last season he would have left with his impressive legacy intact. Now he’s widely and rightly considered a liability. It’s such a pity but he should never play another game for Rangers. 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

If Allan McGregor had retired at the end of last season he would have left with his impressive legacy intact. Now he’s widely and rightly considered a liability. It’s such a pity but he should never play another game for Rangers. 

I think nearly everyone at the club knew that the time to start the overhauling of the squad that SG&Co built was directly after 55 (summer 2021) and by the end of following summer transfer window (2022) to have it more or less finished.

The main reason it hasn't happened is financial.

The consequences are obvious.

For all that we trumpeted Ross Wilson and the modern progressive football department they failed, albeit with one arm tied behind their back. Not surprised that Wilson took the opportunity to move.

The situation we have in front of us has been wrapped up in a parcel and coming down the line for a while.

Some may say we are not that far behind our main rivals, we only lost by a goal etc. Get some decent players in and....etc.

Financialy, we are miles behind them and are always looking to try and finance that chronic loss making deficit. It's been like that for decades now.

48 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think nearly everyone at the club knew that the time to start the overhauling of the squad that SG&Co built was directly after 55

Apparently SG didn't and insisted on keeping most of the squad together.