[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

23 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Predicted line-up (not what I would go for)

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barasic (anyone saying anything different hasnt been watching Bealeball!)

Raskin Jack

Lammers Cantwell 

Danilo Dessers

I absolutely hate the 4-2-2-2 formation, well at least the way we play it anyway under Bealeball, and would much prefer something that allows us to have more of an attacking style. The slow side to side play 50 yards from goal which was so chastised under Gio, is alive and well under Bealeball, and accounts for several hundred passes a game which does absolutely nothing creative whatsoever. The football is so boring to watch, and was the case for all but maybe 2 or 3 games last season even though we at least were managing to win most games. Given the massive change in players over the summer, it was enlightening to see the exact same boring slow tactics in operation on Saturday. So it tells me its nothing to do with the players, and everything to do with the megamouth snakeoil salesman manager. He has had a full uninterrupted pre-season to get his style and tactics across to the existing and new players, and nobody (players or fans) seems to have a clue what that style or tactics is. The clock is ticking, he is running out of time and needs to win well on Wednesday (in the short term) and then also win the OF game or the fans will completely lose faith in him. Lose both and he is dead man walking.

To be fair, it's a pretty offensive and entertaining formation as used by Leipzig and Salzburg, etc. 

BealeBall is... Zzzz...

8 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I was a fan of his last season, but he has been poor of late. Hagi can pull off a killer pass for the strikers. 

I agree but the midfield has been hung out to dry with these tactics and he is not the only one who has played poorly.  The biggest failure so far is the manager.

I would like to see Hagi play but I suspect Cantwell will be prefered to him. We may see Hagi as sub.

I would also like to see more of Danilo but again I suspect Dessers will start and Danilo will be a sub.

Lundstram or Jack? I think he will go with Lundstram.

Beale will probably think that this is not the game to experiment, so we'll probably get Lammers, Sima and Dessers

I received this from a mate of mine via Whatsapp.

I don't think he wrote it, just got it and hit the forward button. 

MB STRATEGY 

Width from the full-backs pushing on and two number 10's starting in the central areas, one for creativity and one for pace, whilst a mobile striker to offer overloads on the opposition across the front line.

One defensive midfielder steps back to split the defence into a 3 to cover for the rampaging full backs.

Other defensive midfielder stays central to mop up counter attacks and act as a reset.

Everyone else pushes forwards and goes for overloads on the opposition.

Seen it five years ago. Didn't work five years ago.

Attacking teams will press our full-backs high up the pitch and pin them back. Midfield will then be 1-to-1 against the opposition with no wide passing options so it'll break down here and we pass backwards to go forwards.

The "Number 10's" will be covered and out balls to them will be mopped up by simple zones of marking because the defence and midfield cannot break through the press so go direct and the striker will be completely isolated with no support.

Defensive teams will keep the central areas compact with a back 5 and a line of 3 shuttling in front of it allowing no space in the central areas, they will cede the wide areas but double up on any full-backs going forward to nullify them. They will then sit deep when we resort to crossed balls and act as a spring if we lose the ball in a central area. One outball, one striker, one chance, one goal, work hard and see out the result.

2 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Scrap the crazy non-tactics. Back to basics. Let our quality shine.

Butland
Sterling  Souttar  Balogun  Ridvan
    Lammers  Raskin  Cifu  Hagi
                      Danilo
                     Dessers

Maybe you're right. Could you forgive a couple of changes

Butland
Hagi  Raskin  Cifu  Jack

Lammers  Danilo

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Maybe you're right. Could you forgive a couple of changes

Butland
Hagi  Raskin  Cifu  Jack

Lammers  Danilo

If MB drops that crazy system I would be more than happy with those changes.