[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

Our team is in a rut at the moment our past half dozen games haven’t given me any confidence and a manager who doesn’t seem to know what to do , but you never know we might see a proper Rangers performance on Wednesday night 

Mon the gers. :rfc:

Scrap the crazy non-tactics. Back to basics. Let our quality shine.

Butland
Sterling  Souttar  Balogun  Ridvan
    Lammers  Raskin  Cifu  Hagi
                      Danilo
                     Dessers

Predicted line-up (not what I would go for)

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barasic (anyone saying anything different hasnt been watching Bealeball!)

Raskin Jack

Lammers Cantwell 

Danilo Dessers

I absolutely hate the 4-2-2-2 formation, well at least the way we play it anyway under Bealeball, and would much prefer something that allows us to have more of an attacking style. The slow side to side play 50 yards from goal which was so chastised under Gio, is alive and well under Bealeball, and accounts for several hundred passes a game which does absolutely nothing creative whatsoever. The football is so boring to watch, and was the case for all but maybe 2 or 3 games last season even though we at least were managing to win most games. Given the massive change in players over the summer, it was enlightening to see the exact same boring slow tactics in operation on Saturday. So it tells me its nothing to do with the players, and everything to do with the megamouth snakeoil salesman manager. He has had a full uninterrupted pre-season to get his style and tactics across to the existing and new players, and nobody (players or fans) seems to have a clue what that style or tactics is. The clock is ticking, he is running out of time and needs to win well on Wednesday (in the short term) and then also win the OF game or the fans will completely lose faith in him. Lose both and he is dead man walking.

Edited by Tannochsidebear

I doubt if Sterling will be fit.

The left backs are equally poor in different ways.

I prefer Hagi to Cantwell.

Roofe should play if he can get out of his bathchair even if only for half an hour.

Cifuentes may or may not be an improvement on the alternatives.

Danilo probably is.

Rangers need to keep it tight and hope to finish the job at Ibrox

2 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

The slow side to side play 50 yards from goal which was so chastised under Gio, is alive and well under Bealeball, and accounts for several hundred passes a game which does absolutely nothing creative whatsoever.

There is no player who can take control and drive the team forward.

Manchester City play a bit of sideways stuff but the passes are swift and accurate. What City can do, however, is suddenly inject rocket pace and lethal finishing. Usually. Just not on Saturday.

51 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Scrap the crazy non-tactics. Back to basics. Let our quality shine.

Butland
Sterling  Souttar  Balogun  Ridvan
    Lammers  Raskin  Cifu  Hagi
                      Danilo
                     Dessers

No Cantwell?