[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

6 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

If MB drops that crazy system I would be more than happy with those changes. 

I just think Dessers clearly isn't fit yet and Jack has to be a more flexible midfield option than Lammers.

I could even see three at the back, with Yilmaz moved into a midfield five with Jack sitting deeper.

As you say, anything but the current situation.

With the uninspiring start we've had, I can see the crowd being fairly subdued tomorrow evening and if the team doesn't give them something to believe in early on it could be just a tetchy Ibrox and just what Servette need. A repeat of what was served up against Kilmarnock and there will be some very unhappy bears.

I'm not really looking for much from tomorrow except some signs of life. I'm not so fussed about names on the teamsheet so long as the bodies on the park can play as a team and show some kind of cohesion. Play with a bit of tempo, cut out the stupid mistakes. At the very least please give us some straws to grasp at.

I'm less concerned about a 2 leg game v Servette or a PSV (if we make it) than I am about an away day v Killie or St Johnstone. I'd be comfortable thinking if we didn't get a result tomorrow that we could go to Switzerland in a high pressure European game and manage to produce something. Its this bizarre paradox that this squad have shown under a few managers now and likely a mentality thing. You cant sh*t the bed away to Ross county but beat Dortmund in their own stadium and lack quality. We seem to excel in the Europeans arena but live within ourselves domestically (see us get knocked out now I've said that).

11 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm not really looking for much from tomorrow except some signs of life. I'm not so fussed about names on the teamsheet so long as the bodies on the park can play as a team and show some kind of cohesion. Play with a bit of tempo, cut out the stupid mistakes. At the very least please give us some straws to grasp at.

I'm less concerned about a 2 leg game v Servette or a PSV (if we make it) than I am about an away day v Killie or St Johnstone. I'd be comfortable thinking if we didn't get a result tomorrow that we could go to Switzerland in a high pressure European game and manage to produce something. Its this bizarre paradox that this squad have shown under a few managers now and likely a mentality thing. You cant sh*t the bed away to Ross county but beat Dortmund in their own stadium and lack quality. We seem to excel in the Europeans arena but live within ourselves domestically (see us get knocked out now I've said that).

That was then.  This is an almost entirely new midfield and forward line that has little pace or cohesion and a defense that leaks goals with 2 fullbacks who have run out of steam who are integral to the way we play.

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

That was then.  This is an almost entirely new midfield and forward line that has little pace or cohesion and a defense that leaks goals with 2 fullbacks who have run out of steam who are integral to the way we play.

I've noticed, but I'm trying to be positive for a change 🤣

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Essentially what I have been saying for years ... and I hate the squad and management proved me right, without wanting to sound arrogant here. Ever since Warburton we applied the 4-3-3 in any game no matter what. We changed players and with better quality some better results did arrive, up until the opposition sussed us out half-way through the season. While 55 was remarkable, you have to consider no-spectators, Covid, and a collapse of the Scum after the turn of the year too - during which the Lurgan Bigot ran away.

With the players we had under SG, we performed well enough in Europe, where our team is essentially a non-entity for the opposition until we play them (same for us). So we did and do look dire against the brick-wall sides with our "flexible" 4-3-3 versions, but it is simply not good enough for the Scottish game. Once we change that and utilize the squad and tactics as we should, we can roast anyone in Scotland.