[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

Team for home tie against Servette?

It was clear from the outset that Beale had called it wrong against Kilmarnock, so how would you change it against Servette?

Butland

Sterling

Goldson

Souttar

Yilmaz

Cifuentes

Raskin

Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo

Dessers

It's a bold move to drop Tavernier but, frankly, he's anchoring us to too many old behaviours and needs to take a back seat. I also wonder about the sense in playing Souttar at left centre back when he's actually better that Goldson when played on the right but beggar can't be choosers.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Team for home tie against Servette?

It was clear from the outset that Beale had called it wrong against Kilmarnock, so how would you change it against Servette?

Butland

Sterling

Goldson

Souttar

Yilmaz

Cifuentes

Raskin

Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo

Dessers

It's a bold move to drop Tavernier but, frankly, he's anchoring us to too many old behaviours and needs to take a back seat. I also wonder about the sense in playing Souttar at left centre back when he's actually better that Goldson when played on the right but beggar can't be choosers.

I can't see Tav being dropped at all but this is definitely getting close to the team we should be looking to aim towards. Is it too early in the season? Who knows. European nights at a noisy Ibrox under the lights can do wonders. Here's hoping...

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I can't see Tav being dropped at all but this is definitely getting close to the team we should be looking to aim towards. Is it too early in the season? Who knows. European nights at a noisy Ibrox under the lights can do wonders. Here's hoping...

I can't see Tav being dropped either but I'm convinced he should be. Perhaps someone else in that team can be coached to take throw ins? Or even (whisper it) penalties.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

After Saturday's performance, I don't think we have to worry about Tillman.

Servette are a counter attacking team. They were reduced to ten men after the fifth minute of the game in Belgium and, did NOT change their game plan. Our ponderous build up play while in possession will suit the Swiss. Out of possession, our narrow structure will equally suit them, their favourite switch ball is the long diagonal into the opposition's left back position.

Well Fcuking Depressed Loyal RSC.

Better give Borna the day off then.

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers vs Servette

I hope I am proved wrong but I don't think we will go through and I am usually glass half full when it comes to Rangers.  I am not sure the manager can put this right.  He was very cagey in his postmatch press conference and avoided answering a question along those lines. He looked worried.