[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

A lot of panty wetting again on here. Nobody can argue it was a vastly improved performance tonight to what we have been seeing!. Onwards and upwards.

We won 2-1 at home against a low-key Swiss side who were down to ten men. I don't think it can be dressed up as a satisfactory result.

Just now, PoohBear said:

We won 2-1 at home against a low-key Swiss side who were down to ten men. I don't think it can be dressed up as a satisfactory result.

Low key? what are we then?.

It is a satisfactory result for me, although it should have been more.

Edited by ian1964

To be honest it's the games like Hearts away last season that makes me back the manager rather than performances like this, with better (hopefully) players I think he can do something.

Hopefully we can build on this.

Edited by yuddie

You could say that was as easy a 2-1 win as you'll see. Servette did not really threaten us and I can't see them being much better on Tuesday. I saw some positives tonight, so we are going in the right direction. I think if we can string a few wins together and confidence grows, we may be good enough to do something in the Europa League at least. 

I'm not sure what people were expecting, after watching pre-season and the Killie game.

We were a bit unlucky tonight and with another match under our belts, by the time we arrive in the birthplace of Presbyterianism, we can beat the Swiss over there.  

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting, after watching pre-season and the Killie game.

We were a bit unlucky tonight and with another match under our belts, by the time we arrive in the birthplace of Presbyterianism, we can beat the Swiss over there.  

👍