Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Talks still ongoing then about Cuellar. Id love to see that one wrapped up ASAP.

Yeah me too, is anyone else concerned about how public everything is about our dealings? I mean every single step of every transfer is now discussed in the media. Not sure if I like that.

Yeah me too, is anyone else concerned about how public everything is about our dealings? I mean every single step of every transfer is now discussed in the media. Not sure if I like that.

Agreed, we need to keep quiet. However other teams can just say what they like ala Dundee Utd

From today's BBC football gossip:

Guess they've ditched their interest in Shagger then....

I hope so but I think Rangers are making it quite clear he will not be for sale.( Unless funny money comes on offer)

Talk now is that Wenger may be willing to part with 12m to get McGregor, and he has Bartley to offer as well.

On a sidenote and as food for thought: both, Bartley and Cuellar, will be back or just back from injury when/should they sign. Same with a potential bid for Weiss (whom we may afford should we indeed let Shagger go). And, while we are at it, Goodwillie still has this trial ahead of him. Well, well ... ;)

Bougherra open to Swiss switch

Madjid Bougherra today revealed he would be interested in moving to Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax.

The Algerian defender is the only key first-team player new Rangers owner Craig Whyte is allowing to leave the club this summer after insisting Allan McGregor and Steven Davis are not for sale.

Bougherra, left, still has a year to run on his current deal and has admitted he could remain in Glasgow for a final campaign before leaving on a Bosman deal.

Rangers, however, aren’t prepared to lose his services without receiving a transfer fee and are keen to cash in on the defender before the start of the season. Neuchatel have just been taken over by Chechen billionaire Bulat Chagaev and are believed to be ready to table a Ã?£40,000-a-week offer to try and entice Bougherra.

And Bougherra said: “I would study it as I would study all the offers that come to me.

“What is certain is I will consider the sporting aspects in any decision I will take.

“However, I am not aware of any such offer from Neuchatel.

“I know absolutely nothing about it and I can’t speak about something I know nothing of.”

Meanwhile, new manager Ally McCoist’s priority is to try and bring in some fresh faces and talks with Dundee United over David Goodwillie are set to continue.

Rangers owner Craig Whyte suggested Ã?£2m would be too much money for the player. He said: “I would say that price is too steep but I’m sure there are conversations to be had.

“It’s a learning curve as I’ve never run a club before but dealing with transfers is not a lot different from other business deals.”

United boss Peter Houston added: “The chairman told Rangers what our valuation is and they think it’s too high.

“It was an enquire to ask what we were looking for. As soon as there is money on the table there is a decision to be made.”

Whyte insists Rangers are still working hard behind the scenes to bring in new players despite missing out on both Tomer Hemed and Craig Conway.

He said: “There is a lot going on behind the scenes in terms of targets. I think five or six new players is the number we have talked about. I think that is what Rangers need at the minute.

“It is very important for us and the fans not to panic. We would like to get players in but we must get it right. We will pursue the targets Ally has identified and, hopefully, will get some deals concluded.

“Dealing with Scottish clubs is always more difficult for the Old Firm, I think.

“But it is business. When you buy players, it is significant sums, so we are not going to be a pushover to deal with.”

Whyte is also pressing on with his attempts to secure some of the current players on new deals, such as goalkeeper Allan McGregor, midfielder Steven Davis and full-back Steven Whittaker.

He said: “We’re getting closer. I had a meeting with Allan McGregor and his agent. All three of these players want to stay at Rangers.

“We’ve made a generous offer to Whittaker and I am scheduled to meet with the agent for Davis over the next few days. I’ve said that Allan is not for sale.

“We have not been approached by anybody about him - so there’s no update there. We’ve made a bid for Carlos Cuellar but, with their managerial change, it has slowed there a little bit.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/bougherra-open-to-swiss-switch-1.1107998?