Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

If the club refuse to sell for 400k, it is just plain silly to then try 300k.

All this stuff about time running out so value decreasing doesn't matter - the selling club hold the power and if they won't sell for 400 why in the name all that is pure and holy would the 'buying' club believe a smaller bid will tempt them more than the larger bid?

Still ignoring that the permit hadnt been approved at the time we offered 400k ? And that with the permit approved he now is DEFINITELY leaving Orebro ?

To use the Ebay analogy...

In truth, its like using the "buy it now" & "Best Offer) options, while the auction is sitting @ zero, with no reserve price and only 1 person bidding on the auction (rangers bid �£0).

Orebro have set the buy it now price @ �£400k (I think). If Rangers wait till the auction finishes, they pay nothing. They have also put in a "best Offer" of �£xxk.

The seller either holds firm with the buy it now, and risks getting nothing, or accepts the "best offer" price, and at least gets something.

He had 10 games left to play in Sweden , he now has 9 , after this weekend it will be 8 , why anyone thinks we should up our offer if beyond me .

If they dont accept the bid then wait till january , this is going to be a long rebuilding process that much is obvious , and as much a learning curve for the new owner and his team as it is for us fans

Still ignoring that the permit hadnt been approved at the time we offered 400k ? And that with the permit approved he now is DEFINITELY leaving Orebro ?

Erm, he signed the pre contract before we offered anything. He was coming to us no matter what. Zappa is the only one who seems to have any sense on this, other than me of course :D

He had 10 games left to play in Sweden , he now has 9 , after this weekend it will be 8 , why anyone thinks we should up our offer if beyond me .

Funny that, I don't ever recall saying anything about 'upping' the offer...

How can they relist when he has already signed a pre-contract with us ?

Contradictory dear chum. You made a big deal of the work permit but here you're rightly pointing out he's a precontract who's coming regardless.

But to answer your question, you can't in football - I was subtely hinting that your attempt at an Ebay analogy was rubbish :P

For once in this transfer window we have the high ground on this onr the man is coming end of November plays for us from 1st January why oh why would we offer them more money that boat has sailed. They take what we offer or they get hee haw come November no ifs or buts don't no everyone I have read or spoke to can't grasp this.

Looks like St. Etienne don't want to sell Bocanegra either, says STV.

AS Saint-Etienne say they would not entertain any offers from Rangers for defender Carlos Bocanegra.

Contrary to reports on Tuesday, STV has learned the Ibrox club have not been in touch with the French side over the player.

You do wonder who whips up these rumours? Timothy on a Operation Tango trail?