Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I was informed of the Davies rumour last night and (as I said on Twitter) I don't particularly believe it myself - though the person who told me is usually reliable.

I wasn't going to post it because it seemed so outlandish but I felt getting the rumour into the public domain might ensure it is quashed once and for all! :)

I'm not believing this Billy Davies rumour for one minute.

I for one wouldn't want Davies as our manager - I don't rate him as a football manager + his company stinks.

Anyone who cavorts naked with the likes of Tommy Sheridan in a swingers club shouldn't be anywhere near our club

as a supporter let alone manager :)

Surely, if you were to consider a new manager (which I'm not) Davies wouldn't be at the top of the list? Mind you, when would have been the last time we got our first choice target...?!

Didn't we get our first choice manager this summer? Then there was Walter before that and PLG before that, Eck before that, Advocaat before that, Walter before that, Souness before that. Go back before that and Wallace was our third choice. Greig was our first choice before that, Wallace before that...

So you should probably be asking when was the last time we didn't get our first choice and as far as I can see that would be about 27 years ago...

Didn't we get our first choice manager this summer? Then there was Walter before that and PLG before that, Eck before that, Advocaat before that, Walter before that, Souness before that. Go back before that and Wallace was our third choice. Greig was our first choice before that, Wallace before that...

So you should probably be asking when was the last time we didn't get our first choice and as far as I can see that would be about 27 years ago...

Very good! I chose the word "target" as I was alluding to our successful summer so far. And those have only been the players we've heard about. You're right about the managers though. Some good and bad times in there!