I believe you are missing the point.

King has said he will NOT line the pockets of those who gained handsomely by the IPO.

King has said he will invest, but only if the money goes to the club.

Buying on the open market provides NOT ONE PENNY to the club. It lines the pockets of the seller of shares.

So, to answer your question, "why didnt he?" - pretty obvious. If he invests he wants the invested funds to go to the club. Had he bought the shares that Laxey did then not a penny would have went to the club.

I am not sure I can be any clearer.

I do realise what you're saying but with the shareprice as it is I cannot see what there was to prevent Dave King buying 10 or 20 percent shareholding for less than £5m.Given his alleged wealth I 'd have thought that loose change to him.

"But frankly the notion that a financial director should be given a £200,000 bonus for winning the Third Division is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And that tells me that whoever made that decision should not be running Rangers Football Club."

And was it not Malcolm Murray who made that decision when he was chairman? He's one of the requisitioners now unless I'm mistaken

Whether inadvertently or by design, you're missing his main point, Rab.

He said that "the notion that a financial director should be given a £200,000 bonus for winning the Third Division is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous."

That is the key point - would you like to defend it ?

And was it not Malcolm Murray who made that decision when he was chairman? He's one of the requisitioners now unless I'm mistaken

Whether inadvertently or by design, you're missing his main point, Rab.

He said that "the notion that a financial director should be given a £200,000 bonus for winning the Third Division is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous."

That is the key point - would you like to defend it ?

Wouldnt defend it at all.Shocking. But who was chairman at that time?

We are 8 to 12 international players short.

This is our last spl winning side

Mcgregor

Papac

Weir

Bougherra

Whittaker

Davis

Naisy

Wylde

Edu

Lafferty

Jelavic

That team won by 1 point. We are over twenty million off that standard.

Celtic have declined since then though. Take Ledley and Commons out that Celtic team and they are mediocre. Add 3 or 4 Ledley and Commons types to our team and we would beat them.

Imo too, that is not a great Rangers team, it was managed by a man who got the best out of average players.

McColl wasn't and couldn't King have got those shares instead of laxey recently ?

McColl was never interested, we can forget him. As for Laxeys shares, as has been said, that money didn't goto the club, like King wants. The deal didn't suit. I believe he will be our eventual saviour.

We are 8 to 12 international players short.

This is our last spl winning side

Mcgregor

Papac

Weir

Bougherra

Whittaker

Davis

Naisy

Wylde

Edu

Lafferty

Jelavic

That team won by 1 point. We are over twenty million off that standard.

And you think that it will take us 8 to 10 years to get these people?

"But frankly the notion that a financial director should be given a £200,000 bonus for winning the Third Division is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And that tells me that whoever made that decision should not be running Rangers Football Club."

No it wasn't

Rab - I honestly can't recall if it was Mather, Wattie or Murray.

I don't believe that past boardroom decisions have been on the square as in other companies.

Who was chairman is an irrelevance.

The puppet masters are the key.

If you can't see that we are being taken for a ride, then so be it.

We should be deposing those who are running Rangers into the ground.

The means to the end is a side show.

I don't care if either Murray is on a future board or not.