Guest Night Owl

We need a manager who has the nuts to implement his own ideas into the team and get success with a touch of style regardless of how the crowd reacts.

Back in the 90's my family wasn't wealthy enough to have sky so my footballing diet consisted almost entirely of Italian football on ch4 on a Sunday afternoon, so you could say I came to appreciate the continental game.

it would appear that we are being led to believe there are only two styles in football,

Flare and Finesse or Pragmatism and percentages.

He should not have been given the managers job in the first place, got it because he was there and Waltes assistant. Job should have been advertised and best man selected. McCoist is never ever a manager, he has proved that since he got the job. He is not going to resign, he is getting grossly overpaid why would he give that up?

Not quite sobbing in a dark room but I definitely expect them to think that they have better things to do that sing karaoke.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh though. I mean we don't even know what he was singing. It could have been 'Always look on the bright side of life' or 'The End'.

This is one of Ally's problems all along- he's too much 'one of the lads'. No way should he be up there as manager. The players think he's more of a pal than anything.

The truth be told my grandmother could win the league with the players and facilities at Allys disposal. he seems to think hes made a real achievement in steamrolling vastly inferior opposition and really expects our gratitude.

Well im sorry Ally but i expect better than the complete and utter dross that is masquerading as a Glasgow Rangers football team. It is a damned disgrace sir for any manager at our club to accept the level of mediocrity that has become the norm at our club. Even more so, the contempt and arrogance you show the support with each embarrassing result is a kick in the teeth to every fan that pays good money to watch rangers week in week out.

I wish to hell bill struth was still alive, im pretty sure he would have toed your bloody arse straight down the marble stair case.

hell be turning in his grave right now.

Poll from FF.

View Poll Results: Should Ally McCoist and his backroom staff stand down from Rangers?

Yes, Ally must go and take his whole backroom including Durrant with him 1,268 88.24%

Yes, but Ally McCoist only, the rest can stay 19 1.32%

No, Ally should be given more time 130 9.05%

Other - Please post your opinion in the thread 20 1.39%

The football played under Souness, Walter(first stint), and Advocaat, was possible because we had mainly foreign players of a vastly superior quality to the opposition. Those days are gone, and will likely never return. Scotland doesn't produce footballers anymore. The problem is at grass roots level. By the time Ally gets his hands on them, it's too late. His only option is to play route one, percentage football.

Have you ever been at Ibrox when we're one down, and we play a backwards pass or try keep possession in our own half? You have to look around to see if there's been a murder, such is the disdain shown by the support. " get it fucking forward Rangers", "Stop fucking about with it". All popular cries whenever we try and string 3 or 4 passes together in a non-threatening area.

Trophies are everything to our support, decent football comes a distant second. If one our many clear cut chances went in yesterday, this thread wouldn't even exist. I'm no Ally defender, but I can see it for what it is. A shite state of affairs, that Ally only has so much control over. When he gets pumped and replaced by Billy Davies, or some other low achiever that some of you seem to crave, perhaps you will get my point.

How do SPL teams play half decent football then? I agree with some of what you are saying but our manager should be easily capable of playing half decent, or even just watchable football.

Your previous point about requiring to play route 1 football to succeed in Scotland is absolute nonsense.

We also, believe it or not, do not just have to sign Scottish players. We can sign players from anywhere.

PS - We still have vastly superior players to the opposition. We aren't even playing against proper footballers. Your view point is typically Scottish and so negative. Basically saying we are shite, can't aspire to anything and may as well just lump the ball up the park. Even though that is never the best policy and the best we have played in recent years was the tail end of the 10/11 season where we passed and moved with pace and played quality stuff.

The tims seem to win trophies keeping the ball on the deck. Aberdeen won a trophy this season.

Poll from FF.

View Poll Results: Should Ally McCoist and his backroom staff stand down from Rangers?

Yes, Ally must go and take his whole backroom including Durrant with him 1,268 88.24%

What's the point of having an option were Ally goes but the other two stay? Seems a bit daft?

Poll from FF.

RM also have one and the result is very similar. He has to go. Let Jackie humiliate him again and then bin him.