PS: In terms of a replacement manager, Gio van Bronckhorst would be my choice. I think he'd be an achievable and interesting target.

However, if we were to go for an experienced alternative then someone like Steve McClaren or Ray Wilkins may be workable. Maybe someone like Co Adriaanse would be more ambitious and his coaching style would certainly be favoured amongst the more hard-lined fans.

PS: In terms of a replacement manager, Gio van Bronckhorst would be my choice. I think he'd be an achievable and interesting target.

However, if we were to go for an experienced alternative then someone like Steve McClaren or Ray Wilkins may be workable. Maybe someone like Co Adriaanse would be more ambitious and his coaching style would certainly be favoured amongst the more hard-lined fans.

The only one there I see being remotely attainable is Ray Wilkins and he hasn't been a proper manager since the 90's with Fulham. Obviously I'd take him in a heartbeat though.

The only one there I see being remotely attainable is Ray Wilkins and he hasn't been a proper manager since the 90's with Fulham. Obviously I'd take him in a heartbeat though.

The others are certainly unlikely with our current position but are perhaps future alternatives.

The point is it isn't as easy as we all think to appoint the right man for the job. Will take a bit of imagination and a fair budget - not just for wages but to give a manager the chance to manage by bringing in his own players.

It makes me cringe though when fans try to say 'who would come' or 'who is there?'.

The fact is we don't work in professional football. We don't have access to agents and cannot contact people. We have no idea who is available. We should open the position up to applicants and also try talking to the types of candidates you mentioned. The worst they can say is no and we haven't lost anything.

Nothing ventured nothing gained

We desperately need a manager who improves players

Sees a bargain brings them in improves them and sells them on for profit.

The club as it used to operate is finished we can't out spend celtic here at home let alone abroad any more.

Half decent players have arrived at Ibrox in recent years and gone backward that is simply incomprehensible.

I can't argue with much of that but I would add that McCoist still has a chance of redemption.

I can't recall another example in football management where someone has proven themselves completely and utterly inept for three years then somehow turned into a good manager.

It was clear when against Malmo and Maribor he didn't have it. Three years ago. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

Guest Unicorn

Thanks for the welcome.

I think if, say, we won the Championship this year along with a cup and followed it up with a strong showing in the top league the majority may change their mind. I'm not saying any of that is likely, it should be noted.

I accept that some won't change their mind regardless though.

Guest Unicorn
I can't recall another example in football management where someone has proven themselves completely and utterly inept for three years then somehow turned into a good manager.

It was clear when against Malmo and Maribor he didn't have it. Three years ago. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

Looking for comparable examples to McCoist's time in charge is a futile task.