I see SBS continues to run the Malmö & Maribor mantra ... and unreasonably so. To blame McCoist for both defeats borders to daftness, as it ignores half a dozen variables from each game, not least grave individual errors and an utter lack of luck on the park. But our resident McCoist bashers brush all this aside and call it excuses, in a glorious display of ignorance. Anyway, the games, much like Berwick or the 2-6 mauling by the Yahoos are history now and time moves on. No matter what war dances are performed on here, McCoist will remain in the office unless the team strings 10 defeats on the trott together. That is the stark reality, whether you and I like it or not.

Edited by der Berliner

I can't recall another example in football management where someone has proven themselves completely and utterly inept for three years then somehow turned into a good manager.

It was clear when against Malmo and Maribor he didn't have it. Three years ago. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

I agree with this, we should have had him continue to serve his apprenticeship after WS left - he wasn't ready, at least not in my opinion.

However, that said, were it not for McCoist, the SFA/SPL cabal may indeed have got their wish of stripped titles.... which would have created a maelstrom in Scottish football now.... he has served a purpose, just sadly it isn't with the product on the park. I still do think there is a chance of redemption - as long as he is manager he still deserves our support, if for no other reason than the hope he can turn it round, despite out doubts.

I see SBS continues to run the Malml & Maribor mantra ... and unreasonably so. To blame McCoist for both defeats borders to daftness, as it ignores half a dozen variables from each game, not least grave individual errors and an utter lack of luck on the park. But our resident McCoist bashers brush all this aside and call it excuses, in a glorious display of ignorance. Anyway, the games, much like Berwick or the 2-6 mauling by the Yahoos are history now and time moves on. No matter what war dances are performed on here, McCoist will remain in the office unless the team strings 10 defeats on the trott together. That is the stark reality, whether you and I like it or not.

Jesus wept.

I've never seen any Rangers side so unprepared as the those who faced Malmo, no amount of nonsensical revisionism can alter that.

Jesus wept.

I've never seen any Rangers side so unprepared as the those who faced Malmo, no amount of nonsensical revisionism can alter that.

Malmo was bad but Maribor as well..........just too much to take.

Jesus wept.

Yet we still had a handful of very decent chances against Malmo at Ibrox - I remember Naismith missing a couple of gilt-edged chances that, had he taken, could have resulted in a far different sequence of events.

I don't disagree that we were very unprepared - but you cant also deny that the team didn't carry much luck in that first tie either.

It isn't revisionism by the way - those things DID happen. My recollection from the Malmo game was that if all half decent chances had been taken we could have won the game something like 5-3. As it was, the game never played out that way. Did we deserve to win that game ? No. Did we deserve to lose ? Not in my opinion. And I think it is these things dB mentions.

To call him some nonsensical revisionist is overly harsh. I would suggest softening the tone a bit.

I see SBS continues to run the Malml & Maribor mantra ... and unreasonably so. To blame McCoist for both defeats borders to daftness, as it ignores half a dozen variables from each game, not least grave individual errors and an utter lack of luck on the park. But our resident McCoist bashers brush all this aside and call it excuses, in a glorious display of ignorance. Anyway, the games, much like Berwick or the 2-6 mauling by the Yahoos are history now and time moves on. No matter what war dances are performed on here, McCoist will remain in the office unless the team strings 10 defeats on the trott together. That is the stark reality, whether you and I like it or not.

I can't even be bothered to read this.