Now I would rather watch paint dry than watch any of our pre-season friendlies.

If that's the case then presumably you won't be commenting on the next two friendlies against Ottawa Fury & Derby?

I remember many years ago we played Spurs in a pre-season friendly that was on Setanta. I was working till near kickoff but sprinted home miles to see it.

Was that in 1989 when we won 1-0 with Mo Johnston goal? I did the same, waiting and waiting for the result to come in. Compare that to yesterday watching that highlanders game.

Don't get me wrong I know we are on a climb back up the ladder and we have to have some realism about the situation but with our resources we should be hitting a few cricket scores against college teams and highlanders (Buckie and Brora) but we cant even string a pass together.

Going by pre season so far the many travelling bears in Derby are going to get a good night out but in for a disappointing 90 minutes, they could give us a bit of a lesson. I watched a few of their games last season and McLaren has them playing very well and they would be favourites to win their league this season.

Was that in 1989 when we won 1-0 with Mo Johnston goal? I did the same, waiting and waiting for the result to come in. Compare that to yesterday watching that highlanders game.

Don't get me wrong I know we are on a climb back up the ladder and we have to have some realism about the situation but with our resources we should be hitting a few cricket scores against college teams and highlanders (Buckie and Brora) but we cant even string a pass together.

Going by pre season so far the many travelling bears in Derby are going to get a good night out but in for a disappointing 90 minutes, they could give us a bit of a lesson. I watched a few of their games last season and McLaren has them playing very well and they would be favourites to win their league this season.

I'm far too young for that :D. I just looked it up. It was 04/05 and we beat them 2-0, Fulham 1-0 and Roma 4-1. We went on to get the double that season.

I remember many years ago we played Spurs in a pre-season friendly that was on Setanta. I was working till near kickoff but sprinted home miles to see it.

Now I would rather watch paint dry than watch any of our pre-season friendlies.

Last friendly game I went to was against Newcastle. Enjoyed it immensely - bar disappointment at the last minute equaliser.

Guest Unicorn

Last friendly game I attended, or even watched, was in 1996/97 against Liverpool at Ibrox. I simply can't care about what is essentially a glorified training exercise.