Just to clarify , are you saying that with a settling of things off the field and a better manager/coaching this present group of players are good enough to win the SPFL?

If organised/directed/coached correctly - YES.

We have good players in the ranks, but the current coaching team & strategy are not getting the most out of these players. Dean Shiels for example, was nominated for SPFA player of the year (along with Jon Daly), then joined us & has largely been disappointing. I believe there is a crackin' wee player in Barrie McKay...if only the coaching staff can draw it out. Same with Temps - hasn't progressed at all (while fit). Nicky Clark, scores a barrel load of goals for QoS, then struggles to get near the starting 11.

I don't agree , we lack pace and creativity.

The main thing we lack is quality all over the park. We essentially have a rather useless squad with hardly any players of any value.

It's good enough for SFL1 but we will get destroyed next season without significant investment and a new manager.

Given the fact that our squad was depleted following our 'relegation' to Div 3 and the lack of secured funding for replacements - it was clear we would need to shop in the 'bargain basement' of football through free transfers. This was extra tough given the league in which we were competing. Based on this, i think it has been surprising some of the players we have managed to attract (Shiels, Temps, Sandaza) despite some of the poor performances they have shown.

Where we have, IMO, spectacularly failed is in the development of our players. I don't see improvements in any of the players (from the youth set-up or signed SPL players) which has meant that these last few years was always doomed to failure. Since we arent in a position to enhance this area in time for the return to the top flight (??) then i imagine that we will be left with a lot of further rebuilding in order to compete next season. If we had the proper scouts, coaching methods then perhaps we wouldnt require quite as much investment given our players would have grown into the team and developed Rangers into a stronger footballing side.

The main thing we lack is quality all over the park. We essentially have a rather useless squad with hardly any players of any value.

It's good enough for SFL1 but we will get destroyed next season without significant investment and a new manager.

As true as that is it's frightening given the level of spending and running costs we have.

My point was directly related to the "going forward" part.

I agree we do absolutely lack quality and yes that is being exacerbated by woeful management but there is some quality there and things could be better than they are.

Young mcleod , Law - although he went back rapidly after signing, templeton - when fit , wallace - going forward , Boyd and Miller - proven together.