I remember many years ago we played Spurs in a pre-season friendly that was on Setanta. I was working till near kickoff but sprinted home miles to see it.

Now I would rather watch paint dry than watch any of our pre-season friendlies.

Generally Things do get less exciting when you get older? This could be a metaphor for the club....

That's life

(That's life)

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king

I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing

Each time I find myself layin' flat on my face

I just pick myself up and get back in the race

... from youngsters and players willing to come to us to play in the fourth and third tier of the Scottish game? Preferrably quite talented, homegrown and willing to work for next to nothing too? Yes, that would have been great. As it stands now, we have a band of 25odd freebies who will most likely have to earn their corn over this coming season or will be send packing next summer. I still have to see a list of people who would have been better, willing to come, costing next to nothing and have the ability to make a mark in the Championship and top tier.

... from youngsters and players willing to come to us to play in the fourth and third tier of the Scottish game? Preferrably quite talented, homegrown and willing to work for next to nothing too? Yes, that would have been great. As it stands now, we have a band of 25odd freebies who will most likely have to earn their corn over this coming season or will be send packing next summer. I still have to see a list of people who would have been better, willing to come, costing next to nothing and have the ability to make a mark in the Championship and top tier.

So we have to do Ally's job for him? We don't know who is available, what players earn or access to agents.

And our u20 team's performance shows there are decent players there. Players that should have been playing this past season instead of finished duds like Daly and McCulloch.

kane hemmings or kevin kyle?

I'm fairly happy with the team at present - on paper at least. We have the potential to be a good team, if it can all be pulled together properly. I actually don't believe that Ceptic have better players than us, but they are more structured & organised. If we can get that sorted out, I think we would be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm fairly happy with the team at present - on paper at least. We have the potential to be a good team, if it can all be pulled together properly. I actually don't believe that Ceptic have better players than us, but they are more structured & organised. If we can get that sorted out, I think we would be a force to be reckoned with.

Defence and Manager let us down, we are fine going forward

Defence and Manager let us down, we are fine going forward

I think there are options for the defence - I've always thought Faure has done well @ CB & could be a good shout beside Zaliukas. McGregor, I don't know anything about. Mohsni, is erratic & not as good a player as he thinks he is. McCulloch ain't no Davie Weir & shouldn't be on the pitch.

100% agree about the manager/coaching staff.

Just to clarify , are you saying that with a settling of things off the field and a better manager/coaching this present group of players are good enough to win the SPFL?