imagine we were in the premier league this season how well do you think this squad we have at present would perform

Depends who they are playing under. A McCall or McInnes would have them battling Celtic for the title, a McCoist or Durrant would have them battling relegation. That's the difference.

Depends who they are playing under. A McCall or McInnes would have them battling Celtic for the title, a McCoist or Durrant would have them battling relegation. That's the difference.

Regardless of who's manager we're still 3 or 4 players short to challenge for the title in the top division.

I disagree. A real football manager could work with what Ally has and compete in that league.

A better manager would improve things with the current squad.No doubt about that but I think he'd want to bring in players for positions which clearly need strengthening I.e MF creativity, pace in wide areas up front, a proper RB and maybe a GK too

He could get all that from the current squad, coaching the likes of Shiels, Aird, McKay, Templeton better. We have 2 proper right backs in the Under 20s plus McAusland and Peralta who another manager could play right back and no doubt get more out of. Bell will do for now mate.

A new manager would probably rip Ally's shambles up and start again but I am just saying there is so much more this current lot of players can give which Ally and his pals are unable to get out of them. So much more.

Edited by Super Cooper

He could get all that from the current squad, coaching the likes of Shiels, Aird, McKay, Templeton better. We have 2 proper right backs in the Under 20s plus McAusland and Peralta who another manager could play right back and no doubt get more out of. Bell will do for now mate.

A new manager would probably rip Ally's shambles up and start again but I am just saying there is so much more this current lot of players can give which Ally and his pals are unable to get out if them. So much more.

I think we might see a bit of wheeling & dealing before the end of next month. If Moshni is sold then maybe the money might get used to move on one or two fringe players which might allow replacements to be brought in.Whether Ally is capable of doing this and improving the squad in this way is another matter

imagine we were in the premier league this season how well do you think this squad we have at present would perform

Its horrible to say mid table at best going by McCoists performances against Dundee Utd, Inverness and Falkirk in the last 24 months. Im not even confident we will steam roll the league this season never mind the top flight. However I would say a few better coaches and a manager we could finish top 2 in the top flight and would ease the Championship. Ally just makes things difficult for himself.