Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Any chance we can keep this thread to what the title says and keep all other discussions to other threads. Seen there was over 20 added comments and thought we must have signed someone only to spend 20 minutes reading interesting but nonetheless irrelevant content.

Apologies to admin if I am out of order in this request :)

Seems that Zelalem is staying with is (longer than January):

“Gedion is staying with us. We talked to Arsenal, that’s an on-going process.

Warburton, meanwhile, has admitted that players could also leave Ibrox, although it’s not a scenario he envisages.

He said: “I don’t expect anyone to leave, but I’ve always said the what if scenario in football.

“If a big offer comes in for one of our players.

“What I do know that if any player leaves, it’ll be on our terms.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-ready-7067069

Would have been quite happy for the boy to go back to Arsenal. He has a chance to be a good player, but he needs to develop a killer ball and not take the easy option without looking at what else is available. Neat and tidy is a good grounding, but it won't be enough to become a top player.

Now that he is staying, I really want to see him push on and be coached properly in the areas that need work, and see some progress in the pace he works at, and his awareness of options, including shooting opportunities that he never seems to consider. He could be a valuable member of our promotion push if he progresses.

Would have been quite happy for the boy to go back to Arsenal. He has a chance to be a good player, but he needs to develop a killer ball and not take the easy option without looking at what else is available. Neat and tidy is a good grounding, but it won't be enough to become a top player.

Now that he is staying, I really want to see him push on and be coached properly in the areas that need work, and see some progress in the pace he works at, and his awareness of options, including shooting opportunities that he never seems to consider. He could be a valuable member of our promotion push if he progresses.

Coached properly tannoch? ...

He certainly has a lot of potential and I believe he will become a top player. As you say he really does have to become more dangerous.

What gets me is if law and shiels get a run and cock it up some fans will be wanting young zela back...

I personally think the team struggle when he isn't in the team it would be interesting to see the stats with and without him playing?

I don't know his percentage successful passing rate is, nor his goal assists...I do know he hasn't scored for us though.

Maybe something can be taken from these stats, maybe not :)

Games in a Blue Shirt:

Championship:

Took no part in 3-1 win over St Mirren

Took no part in 1-5 win at Alloa

Took no part in 1-0 win over Hibs

...assuming because he wasn't on our books?

Full 90 minutes - QoS 1-5 Rangers

Raith at Ibrox: Played 61 minutes, relaced by Law at 3-0, game finished 5-0

Shiels replaced him after 75 mins at Rangers 2 Livi 0, final score 3-0

Played full 90 in 2-1 win over Dumbarton

Went off after 62 minutes, replaced by Shiels at 3-0, final score 4-0

Took no part in 3-1 win v Falkirk

Took no part in 2-1 win against QoS

Subbed for Shiels on 61 with score St Mirren 0 Rangers 1. Final score

Came on for Clark in the 58th min at 1-1, lost 1-2

Played full 90 mins in 4-0 win vs Alloa

Played full 90 mins in 1-1 game agaist Livi

Was subbed in Dumbarton game for Miller when leading 2-0 after 62 mins, game finished 4-0

Was replaced by Clark in the 61st min against Morton with scores at 1-1, game ended 2-2

Took no part in 1-2 defeat to Falkirk

Petrofac Training Cup:

Wasn't on the books in 2-6 win at Hibz and 0-2 win against Ayr Utd

Took no part in 1-0 victory vs Livi

Full 90 in 4-0 win against St Mirren

Scottish League Cup:

Rangers 3 - 0 Peterhead...not on books

DEBUT: Played the full game Airdrie 0 Rangers 5

St Johnstone at Ibrox: Replaced by Law with 15 minutes left at 0-3, game ended 1-3

Personally think he's not really the type of player we need right now.

Edited by Bearman