The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Some Scotsman'ish transferrumour babble collection ...

Celtic and Rangers want Crawley winger

BOTH Celtic and Rangers have been linked with Crawley Town winger Gwion Edwards, according to reports.

Edwards, who had two loan spells at St Johnstone, has caught the eye with her performances for Crawley and has attracted interest from clubs north and south of the Border.

And Brendan Rodgers is aware of the 23-year-old after he came through the ranks at Swansea City. (HITC)

Hal Robson-Kanu to Celtic?

WALES international Hal Robson-Kanu has emerged as a shock target for Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers.

The 27-year-old left Reading this summer and is now a free agent - and he also scored the winner for Wales against Slovakia in Euro 2016 at the weekend.

There are clubs in Germany keeping tabs on Robson-Kanu’s situation but Celtic are reportedly the favourites to land Robson-Kanu, who joined Reading when Rodgers was academy boss at the Madjeski Stadium. (Various)

Bradshaw ‘will leave Walsall’ with Gers in pole position

TOM Bradshaw will almost certainly leave Walsall this summer, according to boss Jon Whitney, who expects the highly-rated striker to exit the Bescot Stadium over the coming weeks.

Bradshaw has been linked with a number of clubs, notably Rangers and Celtic in Scotland, and the Ibrox side are in pole position to nab the forward, who narrowly missed out on Wales’ Euro 2016 squad through injury.

Whitney added: “If Tom moves on, I’ll wish him all the best. Once he’s gone, he’s gone. I couldn’t do anything about that. I’ll do what I can to keep him but if he goes I’ll find somebody else.” (Walsall Advertiser)

United eye Bell

DUNDEE United are favourites to sign Rangers goalie Cammy Bell, with the former Kilmarnock ‘keeper set to exit Ibrox this summer.

Bell has been named as a target for Aberdeen, Hibernian and Oldham but the Tannadice club are leading the chase for the 29-year-old shotstopper. (The Courier)

Bits ...

• Raith have been linked with a move for David Templeton - if the former Hearts and Rangers winger can prove his fitness

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-old-firm-eye-gwion-edwards-celtic-keen-on-robson-kanu-bradshaw-to-rangers-united-want-bell-1-4153957

I'd expect this is a big week behind the scenes for our transfer targets given the gaffer wants the new boys in as early as possible and we are back for pre season on Saturday I believe.

Also Barrie McKay has been given an extra week off he's not back till the 25th.

Spoil sport! :D

Dundee United probably do pay players more than we pay some of ours (ie our reserves, youths)... But it does not mean they are willing to pay Bell the money that we pay him.

I would think Bell's priority will be to get game time. Once in the "shop window" he can then try & secure a much better club.

How can Dundee Utd. be speaking to Bell without first reaching agreement with Rangers? Isn't that called 'tapping up' or is only applicable when we are accused of doing that!

Hope he does move on, no offence to Cammy who was a Rangers fan as a boy, and lived the dream, but unfortunately for him, in MW's brave new world, any keeper needs to have distribution skills which would not be at the top of Bell's attributes.

How can Dundee Utd. be speaking to Bell without first reaching agreement with Rangers? Isn't that called 'tapping up' or is only applicable when we are accused of doing that!

Hope he does move on, no offence to Cammy who was a Rangers fan as a boy, and lived the dream, but unfortunately for him, in MW's brave new world, any keeper needs to have distribution skills which would not be at the top of Bell's attributes.

He is and was a Kilmarnock fan - fact.

image.jpg

“Grant also likes Mathew Stevens a lot. He scored a couple of hat-tricks against our youth and under 21 sides and he’s just an out and out goal-scorer.

“I have spoken to Barnet as there would be a compensation fee even though the player is out of contract.”

Scottish giants Rangers are also understood to be interested in Stevens, who has made just 12 appearances for the Bees, 10 as a substitute. He has scored one first team goal in a 2-1 League Two defeat at home to Wimbledon in February.

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-latest-sensational-moncur-speaks-to-posh-barnet-striker-on-mccann-s-radar-1-7429798#ixzz4BZllTDxD

I would think Bell's priority will be to get game time. Once in the "shop window" he can then try & secure a much better club.

I think Bell's priority will be to get as much as whats left of the exorbitant contract McCoist gave him before it runs out.

He wont get a better club than Dundee Utd & wont attract much interest. He's mediocre at best.