Lee Wallace pulls out of the Scotland squad

Barrie should have told them to stick it too. Good for big Lee, he's the Rangers captain first and foremost.

This is the World Cup not a friendly. Don't anybody on here ever complain again if he gets overlooked. I thought countries had the power now to demand release from clubs, that absence due to injury was only allowed after examination by the doctor of the national squad. I'm not celebrating - I'm disappointed in Lee.

This is the World Cup not a friendly. Don't anybody on here ever complain again if he gets overlooked. I thought countries had the power now to demand release from clubs, that absence due to injury was only allowed after examination by the doctor of the national squad. I'm not celebrating - I'm disappointed in Lee.

As I said above, I hope he does not play because of this injury tomorrow. While I am all in favour of our players playing first and foremost for us, if selected for their respective countries I wish them luck.

The Rangers captain, who was drafted into Gordon Strachan's squad on Tuesday, was excused by the Scotland medical team on Friday due to a muscle injury.

Rangers have already said he won't play against Linfield because of injury he is going as a supporter.