Lee Wallace pulls out of the Scotland squad

Serious question: I thought you couldn't just pull out of a competitive game unless excused by the medical staff of one's country? This was designed to stop clubs feigning injury of their players then playing them in the next club match?

Didn't know about Lee being told he wouldn't play v Linfield. As for Griffiths and Tierney I would hope their injuries are genuine too.

Serious question: I thought you couldn't just pull out of a competitive game unless excused by the medical staff of one's country? This was designed to stop clubs feigning injury of their players then playing them in the next club match?

Didn't know about Lee being told he wouldn't play v Linfield. As for Griffiths and Tierney I would hope their injuries are genuine too.

According to McCulloch on the Clyde phone in tonight, Wallace was indeed excused by Scotland medical staff.

If Hodsnon is away on NI duty then I can only think to put Keirnan at left back(he's left footed?) and the new young boy we got from Raith Rovers at CH beside Senderos? Either that or as you say DB a back three of Keirnan, Senderos and Tav with Rossiter in front then 3-3. Not sure tbh?? Options with next week in mind??? Although if he is thinking of 3-5-2 next week then a back three tomorrow would be a good shout.

Edited by cooponthewing

If Hodsnon is away on NI duty then I can only think to put Keirnan at left back(he's left footed?) and the new young boy we got from Raith Rovers at CH beside Senderos? Either that or as you say DB a back three of Keirnan, Senderos and Tav with Rossiter in front then 3-3. Not sure tbh?? Options with next week in mind??? Although if he is thinking of 3-5-2 next week then a back three tomorrow would be a good shout.

I've been advocating 3-5-2 for some time now even if temporarily. We're losing too many goals so three CB's might help to sort this & we've got two FB's ideally suited to this system IMO

They recently played Crooks at CB in an under 20's game and Crooks himself has stated that he doesn't mind where he plays.

I don't think we will see Crooks in action at the piggery!,too early for him,I watch some highlights of the youth game and without trying to down him he didn't look up to speed,it was only brief highlights so I'm not judging him.

This is the World Cup not a friendly. Don't anybody on here ever complain again if he gets overlooked. I thought countries had the power now to demand release from clubs, that absence due to injury was only allowed after examination by the doctor of the national squad. I'm not celebrating - I'm disappointed in Lee.

Why are you disappointed in Lee?,he's carrying an injury.

Mckay won't get a game and Wallace would probably not got a game either!.