Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

Ferguson was the best Scottish midfielder of his era!,would love a Barry Ferguson in the team just now

In the later years of his time with us I'd agree - if your plan was to move the ball sideways.

Imo Ferguson was the same as many turn out. Hungry as a youth. Gathers some experience. Cashes in on it. Becomes lazy.

He wanted to take everything on the field and did nothing with it.

Miller running around waving his arms about springs to mind in the current set up.

In the later years of his time with us I'd agree - if your plan was to move the ball sideways.

Imo Ferguson was the same as many turn out. Hungry as a youth. Gathers some experience. Cashes in on it. Becomes lazy.

He wanted to take everything on the field and did nothing with it.

Miller running around waving his arms about springs to mind in the current set up.

In your opinion!,my opinion is different.

Funnily enough that was when he was at he best in that period but Tugay, Albertz and Van Bronkhurst were better for me. And looking around the midfielders at that time in Europe I could list pages of Midfielders - Zidane, Vieira, Keane, Scholes, Gerrard...just to start with - they were in a different league.

Fair point, but I remember discussing Barry Ferguson with an Arsenal fan around 2000, and he asked me who he would replace in their midfield. Without hesitation I said Gilberto. He was just a magnificent footballer in his pomp.

Warburton not attending? I find that utterly bizarre and it certainly smacks of disciplinary proceedings as opposed to 'kiss and make up' if its true.

Why would Warburton need to attend , he will have made his views known to Stewart Robertson, it's an internal disciplinary matter