Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

That would be a loss IMO. Waghorn should be in the starting XI.

I know posters are saying Garner put in a good shift but I still dont see him doing the business week in week out.

We do not have a striker who gambles on making a run. In saying that I don't know Dodoo good enough to know what he can do. A few times today Lovenkrands pointed out that Garner, O'Halloran and Miller were all ball watching instead of trying to make a run. We cannot afford Suarez but that is the type of forward we need. He can hold the ball up and also make runs into space. Even if you don't get the ball yourself you pull defenders away to create space for another.

What a transformation after Wednesday's capitulation.

Some shift from Garner, don't think there was a single sheep he didn't leave his mark on, best performance by a lone striker in blue since Cousin's final game.

Thank f*&k for Clint Hill.

Stevie McLean seriously wtf was that!

Bet Ryan Jack gets a round of applause next time he boards the Granite City RSC bus bound for Ibrox.

He didn't half put himself about, I was willing him to score, it would have rounded off a sterling performance.

I didn't think MW would/could change his tactics, I was proved wrong yesterday, fight , passion, tackles, even an atmosphere broke out in the stands.

Very enjoyable. :rfc:

Afterwards McInnes said: “Games are won in both boxes and I thought box to box we were the better team today.

“We really got after Rangers, pressed them high, were competitive and stopped a good team playing.

“But we needed to carry a threat in the final third.

“We got into good areas but rushed the last wee bit.

“Rangers scored when we were having our best spell. Jayden’s miss is the one we all remember.

“It was a good stand-up from Jonny Hayes and he’d normally eat that service up. But he missed, it happens.

“It was a really pivotal moment because Rangers then got a break for the first goal although we knocked off a bit.

“From then on, it helped Rangers. Thr crowd got into it for them and they had something to hang on to.

“I never thought we were out of the game even at 2-0.

“In comparison to last week at Hampden, I felt the result was harsh on my players. Today was far better. We played some good stuff and were really aggressive.

“I don’t think there’s a lot between the two teams. We got the rub of the green last time at Pittodrie and that inspiration was lacking for us today.

“Rangers just edged it today but the result was hard on my players.”

Dons defender Andy Considine was dejected after their second big defeat in the space of six days – but vowed to get their season back on track against Kilmarnock on Tuesday night.

He said: “It’s another sore one to take. There wasn’t a lot in the game and had Jayden scored with his header it might have changed the game.

“Rangers probably only had two chances and scored both of them, which was a huge sucker punch because we were doing well.

“I didn’t feel they were threatening us at all. The boys can still hold their heads high – we gave it a good shot.

“We now have Kilmarnock at home and another two games at Pittodrie after that so it’s a massive month for us.

“If we can get positive results, we’ll be right back up there fighting.

“When you play for a club like Aberdeen questions are always asked of you and we need to deliver now.

“It’s been a big week, which could have gone very differently for us. But we have to pick ourselves up and get on with it.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nothing-between-aberdeen-rangers-despite-9387921

We do not have a striker who gambles on making a run. In saying that I don't know Dodoo good enough to know what he can do. A few times today Lovenkrands pointed out that Garner, O'Halloran and Miller were all ball watching instead of trying to make a run. We cannot afford Suarez but that is the type of forward we need. He can hold the ball up and also make runs into space. Even if you don't get the ball yourself you pull defenders away to create space for another.

Aye, at one point Halliday stole the ball almost at the half-way line and then ran past Garner and Miller!? Lovenkrands was perplexed at that. If anyone follows Halliday then we create a chance IMO.

Can I say I thought we played better at Pittodrie? Referee's hampered us in both games, but I felt the passing, possession and control was better in the away game and missing yesterday. We showed great hunger and determination, with many good battles, though and that should be the minimum required. Great win!