Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

Andy Halliday got a yellow card for less than that. It is a wonder he did not get arrested for trying to incite a riot.

Difficult situation. The sight of plod huckling Broxi could incite a riot.

They just don't have the capacity to get it into their heads that they're not a power in the game. As recently as 2012/13 when we weren't even in the league they finished 8th but now they bleat that McInness should be sacked because they got beat at Ibrox despite not winning at Ibrox in decades. I hope McInnes does leave them and let them fall back to struggling to avoid relegation. A little dose of what the hibees are going through would teach them their proper place.

Agreed, completely. I note too - to further their distance from reality - they think the ref was on our side. FFS.!!!!

Edited by SteveC

Agreed, completely. I note too - to further their distance from reality - they think the ref was on our side. FFS.!!!!

So is that two refs on our side? The one at Pittodrie too who stole them a win with the foul that never was.

Edited by JFK-1

Plod Scotland are a national disgrace (for a number of reasons btw) saw six of them take down a supporter before the game yesterday. Seriously six(6)??(how's those control techniques working for ya plod??)Would have been hilarious to have them seen huckling a mascot?? F*****g idiots!

If he had tried it,Broxi would have thrown a couple of cubs in front of him!!

Well I think my favourite scenario would be that plod makes to huckle Broxi and Broxi makes a run for it right into the broomie and ends up surrounded and hidden by thousands as plod frantically tries to get through the masses.

Aberdeen have done nothing as a club for decades,even when we were out of the league they never challenged C****c,they are pointless!,all they like to do is sing about the Ibrox disaster/Durrant................totally useless club.

Aberdeen have done nothing as a club for decades,even when we were out of the league they never challenged C****c,they are pointless!,all they like to do is sing about the Ibrox disaster/Durrant................totally useless club.

Spoiled by a few good years under Ferguson decades ago never to be repeated.

There was even some respect shown during the minutes silence, although the Broomloan seemed to think it was minutes applause to begin with. They're still obsessed with Ian Durrant though, strange bunch.

I really enjoyed the match but the result shouldn't disguise the obvious deficiencies in the side and the performance. I'd been thinking the problem this season was our defence and our attack, but today made me realise the issue is our midfield. Halliday is my current favourite player, but, unfortunately, I'm coming to the conclusion he's just not good enough for the centre midfield, and I'm not convinced about Holt either. With the system we play if our central midfielders can't take the ball from the keeper or the defence then we either lose possession deep in our own half or we punt it long and often lose possession that way. Aberdeen, like most sides this season, pressed our midfield and we were unable to play through that. The most regular pass in the first half was Foderingham to Garner, very few of which he was able to do anything with.

Two more accomplished, stronger central midfielders would make a huge difference to that side. We played quite well defensively, I thought Kiernan was man of the match, and Hill will be missed next week. Hodson is a better defender than Tavernier, but we do lose something going forward. Better defending wins it for me currently.

Waghorn made a huge difference when he came on. Some guy sitting in front of me claimed special insight into Waghorn, siting lifestyle issues as necessitating a move every couple of years. I hope that's not the case as he's still our best forward in my opinion.

Garner worked really hard, but for all his industry I didn't think he contributed as much as you'd expect from a centre forward. He's got little goal threat and without players running off him much of what he did petered out quickly. Certainly the Aberdeen defenders knew they were in a match and he closed down well but I'm still looking for more, maybe it'll come.

I remain unconvinced by O'Halleron, he needs to lift his head more, when he has the ball he seems to have little idea what's happening around him. McKay though, I think, is arguably the most important player in our side. He set up Wallace's first half chance and Hodson's goal. Used properly McKay will always create three or four chances in a match and for a side like ours that should be the difference between winning and losing. He's not perfect but his guile, vision and range of passing remains superior to everyone else in the squad.

So, basically, if we can sign Souness and Zidane in the Jan window we'll be sorted in 2017...

As old Fidel used to say "Hombres, beating Aberdeen at home sure brightens up a cold December Saturday, viva la revolucion".