Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

I decided a few weeks ago I wasn't going to criticise Caixinha anymore, I'd made my views clear enough after Progres and I'd let results either vindicate him or whatever.

I'll say this though, Hibs played in Lennon's image. They got under our skin, they antagonised our players and our crowd, we stopped concentrating on the match and started concentrating on him. They put us out of our stride, we lost our discipline and more importantly our game plan. They goaded us and we reacted. Lennon used to do that exact same thing as a player, very effectively. We were fluid and in control at the start but Hibs had started to adapt and counter-act us before the sending off. They then made the extra man count and we weren't able to adapt to the change in the game.

A couple of people have said that player-for-player we were better, maybe, but as a team Hibs were, they showed more 'savvy' and more nous than us. They knew exactly when to mix it up, when to get physical and when to play football. I also thought they played as a team, they had a togetherness and a plan they executed well.

The ref had a huge bearing on the match, sending off Jack and not one of theirs was a decision only he can explain. Whether Jack was verbally aggressive too, or the ref was simply incompetent we can only speculate at. However, we had every right to feel aggrieved at the sending off, it should have galvanised our team, we should have worked even harder, but it didn't, it hurt us and we didn't recover.

I've seen better Rangers sides than this one lose to Hibs before. Hibs are in good form and playing well and circumstances, luck even, was in their favour yesterday. But I've seen Rangers sides find a determination and a will-to-win-against-the-odds when reduced to ten men before that we didn't have yesterday. It might be a cliche but in football playing ten men is often harder. It wasn't yesterday. I think a Walter Smith Rangers team wouldn't have lost yesterday when down to ten men.

It might be it takes a bit longer than a few weeks to build true team spirit and to understand how Scottish football really works for some of our players. The sooner they get up to speed the better though.

Edited by JohnMc

Even after yesterday's defeat I'm still optimistic for the season ahead. If it was 11 vs 11 we would have won that game. Hell we should have been 3 up in the first ten minutes.

On a different note I see Dunfermline showed just how good they are with a 5-1 win over ICT.

Naturally TLRB disagrees with you:

When it was suggested that Rangers assistant manager Helder Baptista had spoken to the police about Lennon, he replied: “He should have got back in his box. “Funny enough he didn’t (have something to say to me). “I don’t know what he was saying, I assume he was unhappy about something “I didn’t make a gesture*, I celebrated a goal. “If they are unhappy about it they can come and tell me. “But I shouldn’t get into trouble for doing that. “I am celebrating a goal. What way are you supposed to celebrate a goal? “If I pick my nose someone will find something to criticise me for, I am celebrating a goal. “You are looking for things that aren’t there.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-i-did-nothing-other-than-celebrate-a-goal-1-4530464

* The photo in the article shows a clear gesture

He has been reported to police for sure by a number of fans from the main stand.

In all seriousness what can we do about refereeing like that yesterday? It wasn't bad refereeing, it was blatant cheating. Can Rangers lodge an official complaint?

i think "seek clarification" is the phrase you use

i think "seek clarification" is the phrase you use

Ah yes, Lennon's quest, from a few years ago.

I said then, and I will say now, this obnoxious oaf deserves only that clarity proposed, fittingly enough, by Oirish-American novelist, JP Donleavy, viz.,

"..that force given to a fist sent in the direction of a face that when hit has no trouble seeing stars..."

Edited by Uilleam

He would never ref at the top level again.

If the scumbag bigot Beaton is back at Ibrox I can't go. I sit in the family section and I will lose it. My sister can't go as she worse than me so we won't be going if we allow him back?

Pedro alluded that he knows all about Beaton, now surely we all do! This was the most blatant example of revenge (imo) that I have seen from an official on Rangers. Due to what this ref perceives as historical injustices.

I'm sickened more and more now I see the images!