Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Thankfully this has all went quiet , and the press have no idea who the new manager will be , this was to be expected after the initial frenzy , hopefully we get a few weeks of calm deliberate In depth discussion by our football board and get this right .

I don't think anyone outside the top immediate circle within Ibrox has any clue.

The press and internet is full of guesswork and nothing more imo.

Thankfully this has all went quiet , and the press have no idea who the new manager will be , this was to be expected after the initial frenzy , hopefully we get a few weeks of calm deliberate In depth discussion by our football board and get this right .

This appointment must not be rushed. If it takes into next year then so be it as long as the board get it right this time

Stuart McCall anyone? I'd have him.............as a player

https://www.footballinsider247.com/former-rangers-boss-considered-shock-return-to-ibrox-report/

Stuart McCall has been lined-up for a return to the Rangers hot seat if Derek McInnes cannot be tempted away from Aberdeen.

According to The Scotsman, McCall is ‘the back-up option’ if Rangers are unable to agree a deal with the Pittodrie side.

This report is "By John Reid". I increasingly find that daily reality seems to be trolling us....

I like McCall, great player and a 'decent' manager, but anybody who thinks Nicky Law is a good player shouldn't be anywhere near the Ibrox dugout

Perhaps a hint that this is going to be a relatively long process.

Rangers must take their time - Mark Allen

Rangers director of football Mark Allen says the club must "do our due diligence" over appointing a new manager to replace Pedro Caixinha.

Caixinha was sacked last week and youth coach Graeme Murty took the first team for Saturday's 3-1 win away to Hearts.

Aberdeen's Derek McInnes is considered the main candidate for the Ibrox job, which Allen will have role in recruiting for.

"It's something which has come up very quickly," Allen told Rangers website.

"The one thing I would say is we need to do our due diligence and we need to be sure this process is given the right time to find the right person."

Allen has announced a new club scouting department headed up by Andy Scoulding and featuring former Rangers player John Brown.

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill has played down talk of him becoming the next Rangers manager, following media speculation.

"It's not a distraction for me at all," he told Sky Sports. "[speculation is] constantly been there but it's not something that I pay much attention to.

"My attention is here and trying to get my country to a World Cup finals [via the play-offs].

"What may or may not happen after that is in the laps of the football gods to be honest. It's always nice to be linked with jobs but it's not something I have given much thought to at all."

Ayr United manager Ian McCall had McInnes as captain when both were at Dundee United and said of the Aberdeen boss on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound: "He's pragmatic in his approach to things and I think Rangers need somebody like that just now.

"He does embrace all the new technology, the new style of management, all the stuff that they do but he's also very old fashioned in terms of he wants to put his print on the whole club."

Unfair to say over a few games. You wanted Pedro to have years.
I wanted only honesty in assesement of pedro.

If you mean i wanted him to be successful and there for years i sure did.

All i ever did was correct wrong assumptions or fake facts.

I would do that for mccall as well though he wouldnt be my choice.

Things seem to have gone quiet about us looking for a new manager. I'm happy with that - I'd rather the club takes extra time to appoint the right man.

Murty is definitely a safe pair of hands for a few weeks. We have a run of games that’s helpful too. Thistle, international break then Hamilton, both at home. We then have Aberdeen on the 29th so if it’s Mcinness he should be in before that?