Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

So a guy who has "dreamt of managing Rangers" turns it down because he had to wait 6 weeks ??

Add in

Not appointed when Warburton left.

Seen the appointment of Pedro (rather than him) who was an unknown and had limited success.

If he comes third in the league with Aberdeen he is a success.

If he comes second in the league with Rangers he is a failure.

Seems to have a supportive chairman.

May have doubts about our board, especially since they waited 6 weeks to make an approach.

Possibly enough there to give him food for thought about the desirability of a move.

I am stunned. Unfinished business with Aberdeen?? He can’t honestly think he is ever going to win the title with them, can he?? Bizarre.

This is embarrassing, but think how much worse it would’ve been if they had beat us twice & been 12 points ahead of us. Derek McInnes’s stock will never be higher, but no bigger club than Rangers are ever going to come in for him. He has just knocked back the highest wage packet he’s ever going to get offered. Unbelievable!

Our board & CEO are incompetent, but must make Murty permanent now. See if he can get 2nd. If he does, he’s saved us a million quid. If not, we’ve got a full season to line up a new manager.

Tell you what though, I bet Stewart Milne isn’t as pleased as he makes out about this. That £1million could’ve paid for their new training ground, and they will probably end up having to sack McIness eventually anyway!!

And you don't have to buy it Frankie.

However, it is every bit as plausible that McInnes was one of a number of candidates we are interested in. As I said, we would be negligent if we only looked at McInnes. Indeed, when it was Pedro, people were aghast at the process not being thorough enough - now we want to accept and believe that we only had one candidate in mind. Now THAT is something I am not buying.

I don't doubt there are a range of candidates - even our board can't be that incompetent. However, it seems McInnes was the lead one of them.

My point is, if that indeed is the case, then we should have made sure he was coming before we made an approach given all the factors I listed.