9 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Docherty should start from now on, a box to box player who can score goals. Drop Windass a complete phoney imo.

A box-to-box player that can score goals? I agree with the first part, but how many did he score for Hamilton in 6 years?

He scored 6 goals. 

We're looking for a silver bullet again, and projecting it onto any player that's new.

I'm struggling to comment on the game, as I was caught up it at the time. I'd need to watch it back to comment on what went wrong, but I can't bring myself to do that. My gut reaction was we played ok, but didn't take our chances, and basically gave them two sloppy goals. 

It's clear to see the old scapegoats have been trundled out again. 

The stats provide an objective view of the game, cutting out the emotion, and they suggest we should've won the game. Of course, they don't show everything.

By my calculations, in 13 league games at home this season we've scored 20 goals.

7 of those goals were against Dundee & Partick Thistle.

That leaves us scoring 13 goals in 11 games against the rest.

Is it not obvious where our problems lie ?  We are not scoring enough goals at home. That is why I believe we should change our system and play 2 up front.

2 hours ago, StuGers said:

Dived about the whole match, gestured towards the fans, dived for the penalty.

Sorry mate, but check the pen incident again. Tav was a foolish doing what he did and Allan sure did not "dive" there. Had that been any of our players, we would call for a penalty as well ... and Collum was not letting up to pass such an opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQCB0VgkUk

57 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

A box-to-box player that can score goals? I agree with the first part, but how many did he score for Hamilton in 6 years?

He scored 6 goals. 

We're looking for a silver bullet again, and projecting it onto any player that's new.

Ok I’m half right, I thought he had scored 6 this season.?3 goals this season for Hamilton, still think he should be playing.

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

Ok I’m half right, I thought he had scored 6 this season.?3 goals this season for Hamilton, still think he should be playing.

Possibly, but he's not a replacement for Windass; different players, playing different roles.

I think Docherty would be a replacement for Holt; same box-to-box type but with better physical presence and a more direct attacking style. Shame for Holt though, as I think he's been good, but his stature is a big limitation.  

Sorry mate, but check the pen incident again. Tav was a foolish doing what he did and Allan sure did not "dive" there. Had that been any of our players, we would call for a penalty as well ... and Collum was not letting up to pass such an opportunity.

He did dive about for the whole of the time he was on the field dB but with that said he was also pushed for the penalty. He used it to go over with no resistance. Tav was more than stupid in that instance. If you're up against a player who has been doing that all day you simply don't do that or give him an opportunity to use it.

More importantly though, in my opinion, I don't share the view of some bears that we were good enough in the second half to win the game. We weren't! We were garbage against Frazerburgh. The three goal victory masked an extremely poor performance by us. They're a highland league side for Christ sake we should have walked over the top of them and strolled that match but we didn't, far from it, we were matched all over the park except in the forward line by them. I had more than a feeling that we were going to be beaten yesterday and its been the same all season. I have no idea what Rangers team is going to turn up in any match we're playing. I find it almost impossible to predict any game we're involved in.

Hibs won the game in the midfield yesterday and from the post match interviews Murty obviously knew thats what was going on so why didn't he get a message onto the park during the first half to change it? I'm sorry folks but that is Murtys department he needs to learn to be not only be flexible with his tactics but to also react to any situation when its needed. Leaving the subs till the 70th minute to change the formation and tactics shows an indecisiveness that I don't like. 

Edited by Big Jaws

Here are some things to clear up some talking points. First the Morelos goal. Unfortunately you can clearly see that the ball has not been kickedand Morelos has already brocken the Hibs line.5a76f3e7b4fcc_Rangersdisallowedgoal4vhibs.thumb.jpg.fdf64b354cc69566739ecff90bbd53b4.jpg

Then there is the penalty incident. First of all the offside rule is pretty difficult these days but I would say that this should have been offside. The Hibs player is definitely in an offside position . The ball is also played in his direction and he is also blocking Foderinghams vision of the shot.5a76f7a6cabbe_rangersvhibs.thumb.jpg.85d13b298e93e85f77c9c74a833b1c6e.jpg

I can go further into the penalty incident but it really is a penalty. Not by Allen diving but Tav had his arm around Allen's chest from very early. I will say that Collum may not have given one if Allen never went down. Collum had brought his whistle to his mouth long before Allen went down. Collum was also in a perfect position to see it. 5a76fa11b184f_Hibspenalty.thumb.jpg.c135a335149061de51a14588a0ae1ccc.jpgHibs_penalty2.thumb.jpg.26d5174807be5e2f84f3b60e95168a73.jpg

I blame Murty, Windass and to a lesser extent, Morelos for yesterday's result.

Murty should've changed things quicker - the midfield was overrun and that was obvious after a few minutes.  Windass did his coward routine and Morelos was ineffective.  I said at half time, he should bring Cummings and Docherty on but he gave it another 25 minutes before making obvious changes.  Very poor.

Edited by Gonzo79