57 minutes ago, pete said:

Over here being half a yard further than anyone else is not in line. Just for your information the keeper doesen't count for 2. You only see what you want to see I suppose. Have you had your eyes checked recently?

Is the ruling not that there has to be daylight between the two players, or did they ditch that? (Genuine question).

I don't think the pics on this thread could be classed as definitive evidence.  You need to see it in motion to really know whether a player is offside or not and frankly, I have no intention of watching any lowlights from Saturday.  

A Hibs fan just told me it wasn't a penalty.  

At the end of the day, we were not good enough, particularly in the first half.  

As far as I know the ruling for off-side/on-side is:-

1) A goalkeeper and one outfield player between opposition and goal.

2) Two outfield players between opposition and goal.

Also the linesman cannot flag until an off-side player has attempted to play the ball or has interfered with goalkeeper/defence.

From my seat in line with 18yard line Morelos was off-side.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Over here being half a yard further than anyone else is not in line. Just for your information the keeper doesen't count for 2. You only see what you want to see I suppose. Have you had your eyes checked recently?

Well, I suppose it Monday and you're a bit grumpy, aren't you?

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Also the linesman cannot flag until an off-side player has attempted to play the ball or has interfered with goalkeeper/defence.

See pete, such a comment is useful and I for one have no problem here (and know the off-side rule too). I was initially under the impression that the goal was not given due to a foul on a Hibs players anyway.

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think the pics on this thread could be classed as definitive evidence.  You need to see it in motion to really know whether a player is offside or not and frankly, I have no intention of watching any lowlights from Saturday.  

A Hibs fan just told me it wasn't a penalty.  

At the end of the day, we were not good enough, particularly in the first half.  

Hard to tell if Morelos had gone too early - linesman had a better view than any of us.

It was a definite penalty - stupidity from Tav which he later conceded on social media.

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Hard to tell if Morelos had gone too early - linesman had a better view than any of us.

It was a definite penalty - stupidity from Tav which he later conceded on social media.

I would normally agree with that but that particular linesman was out of line with play on more than one occasion during the match.

58 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

It's quite simple: A player is in an offside position if: he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.

The keeper is just counted as one player - it's just the keeper is usually the last man. 

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

Is the ruling not that there has to be daylight between the two players, or did they ditch that? (Genuine question).

No!

Question:
As as assistant referee focusing on an offside situation I am mostly looking for the scoring part of the player in determining offside most time the head is the farthest point ahead. With that in mind as I am looking at players lined up along the center half I am looking for the same thing. So if a head is over the line and the feet may not be is this technically an offsides call? Many people seem to think that where feet are is an issue but referees aren’t typically looking at feet for offsides calls.

USSF answer (July 2, 2010):
Your first sentence has it all: When judging the offside position, we look solely at the body parts that can score a goal in a legal play on the ball: the head and the feet, but NOT the hands.

Not blaming the referee for our defeat, however another shocking performance from another ref, every week now, yet they never seem to get pulled for poor performances!. This must be the worst standard of refereeing ever in Scotland! a total disgrace.