Massive decision this summer

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

Not to do so would be tantamount to signing their own death warrants, I'd like to think they're not that daft.

That could (should?) have applied when it became clear Caixinha had to go. There were no death warrants issued and no manager approached other than Derek McInnes. I think it's entirely possible Murty will be made permanent manager with the fans placated by adding more experience to his team. They're not daft but they're not ambitious leaders either.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

That could (should?) have applied when it became clear Caixinha had to go. There were no death warrants issued and no manager approached other than Derek McInnes. I think it's entirely possible Murty will be made permanent manager with the fans placated by adding more experience to his team. They're not daft but they're not ambitious leaders either.

I doubt they're trying to harvest investment on the back of Murty being the manager come July.

So many names are being banded about, I don't have any suggestion, therefore can anyone on here give a realistic signing prospect who must,it seems from posts,have:-

1) Massive experience.

2) Knowledge of the world-wide game.

3) Perfect man management skills.

4) Be our Messiah.

5) Be within our budget.

3 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I doubt they're trying to harvest investment on the back of Murty being the manager come July.

I doubt they're banking on raising investment based on any manager. Nor will those principally interested in the managerial choice (the fans) be involved in that investment - I exclude Club1872 who will invest even if Mickey Mouse is manager.

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I doubt they're banking on raising investment based on any manager. Nor will those principally interested in the managerial choice (the fans) be involved in that investment - I exclude Club1872 who will invest even in Mickey Mouse is manager.

Given that practically the only realistic chance of investment from outwith the current investors will be wealthier fans I'd guess they will indeed be interested in the managerial choice.

11 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Given that practically the only realistic chance of investment from outwith the current investors will be wealthier fans I'd guess they will indeed be interested in the managerial choice.

There hasn't been a rush of these wealthier fans to help so far and I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.  So it'll be longer term investors that are likely to contribute.  That means they'll look for sustainability.  I don't want to see us break the bank for a manager or players and I don't expect we will do that thank goodness.  I expect Murty will be given the job as we'll as a few more quality signings.  There appears to be a decent plan in place as far as the team is concerned and with the youth in this team it's only going to get better.

19 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

There hasn't been a rush of these wealthier fans to help so far and I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.  So it'll be longer term investors that are likely to contribute.  That means they'll look for sustainability.  I don't want to see us break the bank for a manager or players and I don't expect we will do that thank goodness.  I expect Murty will be given the job as we'll as a few more quality signings.  There appears to be a decent plan in place as far as the team is concerned and with the youth in this team it's only going to get better.

We are purely an emotional investment we have nothing to offer potential investors anything other than an emotional return, outside investors will like Close Brothers demand their pound of flesh.

When your business plan relies upon qualifying for the Europa League group stages sustainability ain't coming along any time soon.

Murty has done nothing to justify being offered the position permanently and he won't be.

17 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Murty has done nothing to justify being offered the position permanently and he won't be.

Do you really think it is a done deal.  I would have thought his position is dependent on how we fare in the cup and obtaining second in the league and the availability of realistic candidates in the Summer.

The discussion on this board when Pedro left did not seem to suggest that there was overwhelming support for any candidate.  I also don't recall Clarke as being someone pushed forward at the time when Pedro left.  Now, of course, it has changed because he is successful with Kilmarnock; we are a bit fickle.

In another post (not you FS) it was suggested that Rodgers out-thought Murty.  Unfortunately, the following week he (Rodgers) did not seem to be able to ring the changes to break down 10 man Motherwell.  Perhaps the tactical genius was out-thought by Robinson.  Maybe, on the basis of this we should support the appointment of Robinson.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

So many names are being banded about, I don't have any suggestion, therefore can anyone on here give a realistic signing prospect who must,it seems from posts,have:-

1) Massive experience.

2) Knowledge of the world-wide game.

3) Perfect man management skills.

4) Be our Messiah.

5) Be within our budget.

Mac, nobody here has a clue what is happening. The diddies at The Sun and Record who have absolutely NO insight into what is going on inside Ibrox are throwing out any name available or inventing Emails from "Bears" making recommendations.

What is going to happen close season will happen. 

I suspect the board already know they themselves are increasingly under the microscope and will have to do all they can to placate the support.

Watch out for "an announcement will be made in the short future" note to be stapled to the season ticket renewal letter.

I for one won't be sitting on the chanty expecting a managerial superstar to arrive.