New manager rumours

22 minutes ago, craig said:

And, interestingly enough, Wright played for Celtic - yet he couldn't be more positive about Gerrard taking the job.  See, the difference in the English sports media is that they are, for the most part, objective and unbiased.

The thing is that they (the English media) aren't any good either, in fact, they are so dim that you wonder wtf is going on in the world ...but, but, but - they actually enjoy football.  They want to talk about football things and so to them, it's, naturally,  a big story.

In their blessed innocence, they don't have a flying clue what it all means to the obsessed in "Free Royston".

The contrasting coverage is yet another startlingly clear indicator of how f@cked up Scottish football is, I'm afraid, and this is an issue far deeper than Mr Steven Gerrard.

It's totally f@cked  and I don't see it ever recovering.  The amount of utter, ill-founded pish that swirls around is heartbreaking (Israel-Palestine, ffs, by folk who couldn't point to them on a map)

Edited by SteveC

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

Every negative comment is jealousy based. Every scottish media outlet is talking crap. Picks out the few positive english media pieces and uses them to say its a media witch hunt. Ignoes all the negative english pieces 

Don't worry all is rosy, Gerrard is a risk but worth the gamble. We will fire sale and replace the whole squad with Allen and Gerrard somehow being regarded as amazing at spotting talent and this should all be seen as a good thing. The board know what they are doing.

Ignore the haters cause their never right and get behind the club, see no evil hear no evil do no evil.

Mcgregor and arfield are big improvements.

Think that about sums it up

That's a hard phrase to pull-off in a sarcastic tone, no? 

Edited by SteveC

30 minutes ago, craig said:

LOL.  First OF game of next season we should all be singing YNWA to Stevie G :roflmao: - they would be apoplectic

I think this would be brilliant on many levels, Not least that we would sing it far better than them ...or Liverpool....over 45,000 (of bears only, I mean - nearly the whole ground sang it)  of us proved that at Wembley in 77  (yes, only time in my life I have sung it, yes there were one or two bears complaining but nearly all around me were singing it (and all were bears) after a brief "WTF!???!! but, yes, best of all the hitherto hidden tims were revealed by their utter bewilderment, not that there were many of them.

Edited by SteveC

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

YNWA is a crap, overly-sentimental dirge.  The yahoos are welcome to it.

I agree with you Gonzo, but wouldn't you be tempted to sing it just to see the reaction?  I think I might be.  ???

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

YNWA is a crap, overly-sentimental dirge.  The yahoos are welcome to it.

Maudlin garbage. 

It is from the musical Carousel, by Rogers (no relation) and Hammerstein,  and Wiki summarises nicely: 

"In the second act, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, commits suicide after a failed robbery attempt. It is reprised in the final scene to encourage a graduation class of which Louise (Billy and Julie's daughter) is a member. The now invisible Billy, who has been granted the chance to return to Earth for one day in order to redeem himself, watches the ceremony and is able to silently motivate the unhappy Louise to join in the song."

I I rc, the character Julie is also pregnant at the time of the suicide.

Football songs; bloody Hell. 

Edited by Uilleam

2 hours ago, craig said:

LOL.  First OF game of next season we should all be singing YNWA to Stevie G :roflmao: - they would be apoplectic

Then join the Liverpool supporters and make it a Christmas hit.:roflmao: