New manager rumours

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Gerrard has agreed to 3 year deal with McAllister as no2 delay was proof of transfer funds which has now been put in place for all required parties to monitor at any point and he will be given £25m from outside investors. The tide could just be about to turn.

Where's that from?  Daily Star, Eamon Holmes, Bobby Davro?

5 hours ago, Bill said:

It's unlikely but I wonder if he has ambition to own part of the club? Or could he be the choice of future investors? The world of Rangers is so convoluted that anything is possible.

That's one of the rumours doing the rounds. Former liverpool owner from USA to invest and wants Gerrard. Ihave no idea if its true.

£25 million? I'll believe it when I see it.

We already have soft loans to pay off. I assume that will consume a fair chunk of any share issue.

When money finally filters down to the playing staff budget then I think that one of the first costs will be terminating contracts. As I pointed out elsewhere there are more than a few to deal with.

Sad to say that I think the next manager will still have to do a lot of stuff the hard way.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

We already have soft loans to pay off. I assume that will consume a fair chunk of any share issue.

When money finally filters down to the playing staff budget then I think that one of the first costs will be terminating contracts. As I pointed out elsewhere there are more than a few to deal with.

Sad to say that I think the next manager will still have to do a lot of stuff the hard way.

Are the soft loans not to be converted to shares?

6 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Are the soft loans not to be converted to shares?

As far as i'm aware they are and presuming Gerrard is taking the job he must be a real idiot if there is no significant investment for a transfer budget. I doubt he is that stupid. I find it surprising that some of our own seem to fall for the "they're skint" mantra.

Edited by JFK-1

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Where's that from?  Daily Star, Eamon Holmes, Bobby Davro?

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Oops, should have said from a supposed in the know guy. 60/40 from Far East & USA. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m only spreading rumours.:ph34r:

10 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I think people should stop reading so much into Gerrard the player. If player quality immediately transcended into coaching quality, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard would all be managing EPL clubs - instead of being in the BT Sport studio tonight. Which got me thinking, how many decent English internationalists from the last 30 years or so have gone on to make good managers? 

This has John Barnes all over it. That said, Scottish football is a low level, and it does not require Guardiola to get Rangers playing winning football.

On the other hand, several top players have gone onto be very good managers - first job or not - and not every top player wants to be a manager either which is why some prefer punditry to the pressure of the dugout.  Not sure why nationality need come into it - it may be English footballers are not driven enough to enter coaching but I doubt anyone could say that of Gerrard.  The amount of money these guys make from the careers, it doesn't surprise me most fancy a comfortable life in front of the camera ahead of anything else.

This appointment may very well fail for a variety of valid reasons but writing it off before he's even started is very, very negative.  Not unsurprising but negative nonetheless.

Let's just be clear, as much as there have been a few rumours about investment, there's nothing concrete and there's not much point in posting what some anonymous bear says elsewhere.

First and foremost, the upcoming share issue needs to convert existing loans to equity and whilst it's likely there will be another share offer whereby more money can be raised, that won't happen until next year at the earliest.

As such the terms of any supposed investment will be very interesting - not least the source and the security.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

On the other hand, several top players have gone onto be very good managers - first job or not - and not every top player wants to be a manager either which is why some prefer punditry to the pressure of the dugout.  Not sure why nationality need come into it - it may be English footballers are not driven enough to enter coaching but I doubt anyone could say that of Gerrard.  The amount of money these guys make from the careers, it doesn't surprise me most fancy a comfortable life in front of the camera ahead of anything else.

This appointment may very well fail for a variety of valid reasons but writing it off before he's even started is very, very negative.  Not unsurprising but negative nonetheless.

Player quality when it is at the level of Gerrard can indirectly have an effect when going into management.

1. the attention/profile it brings which can be converted into revenue.

2. the automatic respect that comes when the guy in front of you has reached the levels he has and  the opportunity to drag our level of professionalism up, eg. fitness levels 

3. the profile of the player who would consider joining Rangers.

4. the 'revolutionary aspect' that galvanises a support and ensures ST take-up.

5. the level of supporting staff should be better

It provides a base from which Gerrard would then have to show he's up to it.

If he is appointed, gets the backing (staff and finance) then he has every chance of improving things in the short-term and winning the league title in the medium term. 

I heard a 3 year contract mentioned. Whether there is anything in that or not, I don't know but I'd sign-up now, for him to win the League Championship in his last year.