David Bates has signed with Hamburg

1 hour ago, rbr said:

But this whailing and acting as if the sky has fallen in because hes left

Nobody is doing that, we're just expressing disappointment at what is a disappointing developement.

We already needed a £2m+ centre back brought in in my opinion to compete with Bates and McCrorie with Cardoso and Alves leaving ideally to free up wages.

With Bates leaving it looks to me like our money is going to be spread more thinly signing a couple of centre backs which is a bad thing, we need quality for next season and not quantity.

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Nobody is doing that, we're just expressing disappointed and what is a disappointing developement.

We already needed a £2m+ centre back brought in in my opinion to compete with Bates and McCrorie with Cardoso and Alves leaving ideally to free up wages.

With Bates leaving it looks to me like our money is going to be spread more thinly signing a couple of centre backs which is a bad thing, we need quality for next season and not quantity.

I agree. So Bates was in circa 2k a week in wages. Who are we going to sign that’s up to the standard required for even double that? Cardozo, Martin and Alves don’t cut it. The two that do/did were McCrorie and Bates. Now Bates has gone? It’s just a strange bit of business??

The whole Cardoso scenario is utterly beyond me. He got his nose pulped by Bowman and hasn't seen any great action since. I simply don't buy that he is worse than Martin and Bates, IMHO, Murty simply wanted tough-tackling Scottish chaps. That our central defence has been chopped and changed about time and again sure didn't help any of our defenders either.

It will sure be a tough job rebuilding our defence, as right now, after Wilson's exit and Bates' upcoming exit, I reckon that Alves and Cardoso will go as well. That will leave us with McCrorie and chaps like Aidan Wilson ...

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The whole Cardoso scenario is utterly beyond me. He got his nose pulped by Bowman and hasn't seen any great action since. I simply don't buy that he is worse than Martin and Bates, IMHO, Murty simply wanted tough-tackling Scottish chaps. That our central defence has been chopped and changed about time and again sure didn't help any of our defenders either.

Cardoso really is worse than Bates.

Watch either of them play recently?

4 hours ago, rbr said:

Only a few weeks ago across a few forums the general consensus was he wasnt good enough , now hes leaving hes Beckenbauer 

I don't think there was a consensus.

Some rate him and some don't.

Shouldn't be difficult to figure out which ones are most vocal just now.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

He was wanting over £7 grand a week from what I was told plus a long term deal , he was offered £5 and a 2 year deal with a further option .

Im not coming down hard on anyone , im expressing an opinion on a young guy who 18 months ago was playing for Raith rovers , who had several decent games , nothing more than that , and who as decided with his agent to move abroad as is his will .

Whether he is better or worse than anybody is neither here nor there , because if he was even getting anywhere near the first team next year we are in trouble yet again .

But this whailing and acting as if the sky has fallen in because hes left , jesus wept have we really fallen this low .

Nobody is doing that, except you! people are only expressing an opinion so no need to get on their backs just because their opinions are different from yours!.

I have already stated I am not getting my knickers in a twist about it, I just don't see the point in getting rid of a young Scottish player who has been our best CB while the other are underachieving yet getting paid a lot more

Edited by ian1964

17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Nobody is doing that, except you! people are only expressing an opinion so no need to get on their backs just because their opinions are different from yours!.

I have already stated I am not getting my knickers in a twist about it, I just don't see the point in getting rid of a young Scottish player who has been our best CB while the other are underachieving yet getting paid a lot more

We couldn’t compromise with Bates from 5-7.5k weekly yet “Moana” picks up 25k+(or whatever we are still paying him?) while eating Burritos and Tacos washed down with Corona and Margaritas?

Edited by cooponthewing

14 hours ago, ian1964 said:

How much is Alves on per week compaired to Bates? I would have Bates before Alves & Martin every day of the week

Alves is reportedly on 40k a week :shock: