Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

A Richard Gough quote from the The Sun article that Iain posted above.............

“They need a performance on Sunday against Hearts. I’d be looking to Tavernier to get the group together, maybe even without the manager, and get them focused on the challenge ahead with the help of other senior pros such as Wes Foderingham, Bruno Alves, Russell Martin, Graham Dorrans and Jamie Murphy."

-----------

I reckon Gough is spot-on wrt motivation for Sundays game, ie. that it will come down to the players themselves to get enough of  the group focused.

The captain should come out and say that the players need to do better and that the feeling is unanimous. That would demonstrate the solidarity we desperately need right now. Given the lack of leadership at the club I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

7 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

The captain should come out and say that the players need to do better and that the feeling is unanimous. That would demonstrate the solidarity we desperately need right now. Given the lack of leadership at the club I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

Wallace hasn't said anything publicly for months now

2 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Wallace hasn't said anything publicly for months now

His career as a pro footballer was defined by a lack of ambition (he could not possibly improve himself going through the leagues in Scotland) and as a leader of Rangers he has been non-existent on the park. Some say he has been loyal, my personal view is he has lived well within his comfort zone and is not the kind of person we need at the club now. 

2 hours ago, Walterbear said:

His career as a pro footballer was defined by a lack of ambition (he could not possibly improve himself going through the leagues in Scotland) and as a leader of Rangers he has been non-existent on the park. Some say he has been loyal, my personal view is he has lived well within his comfort zone and is not the kind of person we need at the club now. 

LW won’t get a game ahead of DJ. 

33 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

With our support and players all we will ever play is a dying game.

too focused on Celtic to build anything of note and too xenophobic to see European football has left us behind.

"Ever" is a rather hollow term in football.

Focussed on the Scum we are not. But we have - eventually - cross our blades with the strongest side in the country. I for one wouldn't want us to set our standards and aims at someone less.