Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

Read through this whole thread earlier (it's been a slow day here) and the split in opinions is pretty interesting. Was speaking to a couple of mates yesterday and it was the same there too - one supporting the players and one (like me) saying the manager needs to have the final word.

I get the point that arguments and fights happen after a bad game in the dressing room and I reckon the Rangers dressing room is no different to any other football team in the world. The fact that both players have been suspended here - and the fact that its arguably the two most senior guys at the club as well - seems to suggest that a line was overstepped here.

There must've been fighting in the dressing room over the last few seasons - what with some of the sh*te results lately - and, bar the last time Miller and Wallace were suspended/ordered from training (coincendence?), no-one until has been suspended. To me, that says that arguing/fighting is tolerated up to a point. And whatever that point is, was passed on Sunday.

Murty isn't the man for the Rangers job - I think we can all agree with that. But the fact is, right now, he is the manager. And that means he's in charge - not Miller and not Wallace. I'm sure he'd welcome their constructive criticism of the game, but I guess whatever was said (or done) on Sunday was a step too far and something had to be done about it.

Some " in the know " [I know. I know] have been telling the Rhats that Wallace heaved the tactics board at Murty and Miller went forehead to forehead with him.

Neither had the right to speak to him never mind pull him up.

4 minutes ago, boabie said:

Some " in the know " [I know. I know] have been telling the Rhats that Wallace heaved the tactics board at Murty and Miller went forehead to forehead with him.

Neither had the right to speak to him never mind pull him up.

In the peculiar world of Scottish fitbaw, to gain respect it seems as though the manager would have been better advised to break Millers nose with his for'heid :D

I remember when Bobby Robson took over at Ipswich a few of the older players tried to take advantage because Bobby was still young , but a few fist fights later those morons were out , Bobby packed a fair punch 

This morning Keith Jackson remains on the one-way verbal warpath batting onbehalf of his source.

No quotes, no numbers but says a significant amount of players will defend Miller and Wallace by giving testimony.

Doesn't mention that most probably, a larger number, won't.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

This morning Keith Jackson remains on the one-way verbal warpath batting onbehalf of his source.

No quotes, no numbers but says a significant amount of players will defend Miller and Wallace by giving testimony.

Doesn't mention that most probably, a larger number, won't.

What do you base that on Buster? Miller and Wallace are both very popular and respected by the players, Wallace is captain and operates as the players 'spokesman' internally. We all hear rumours and supposed 'in-the-know' stories and so far everything I've heard has said the players are with Miller and Wallace. 

2 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

What do you base that on Buster? Miller and Wallace are both very popular and respected by the players, Wallace is captain and operates as the players 'spokesman' internally. We all hear rumours and supposed 'in-the-know' stories and so far everything I've heard has said the players are with Miller and Wallace. 

Jackson/DR has been a longterm ally of Miller who has went in to bat for him on various occasions, eg. end of last season re. contract renewal.

Journalists with sources, do their bidding as the return favour.

It's up to the directors and manager and his assistant to bring in every player involved in the Sunday disaster including any others that were there to give their take on whatever's happened let them have a players rep with them then the club can assess all the evidence and take any action they think is necessary.