Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

13 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

How many managers has kenny miller fallen foul of now.

3 at least.

I've got a question. Well, two actually.

Given that Kenny is known for having some forthright opinions, would people be more inclined to side with him in calling out two managerial diddies if he hadn't played for the other half of the Old Firm?

Or would he be considered a troublemaker regardless?

17 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Given that Kenny is known for having some forthright opinions, would people be more inclined to side with him in calling out two managerial diddies if he hadn't played for the other half of the Old Firm?

I don't think playing for "them" has anything to do with it.

Questions have to be asked of any player that has been involved with reported bust-ups with multiple managers - Does Miller think that his views are more important than the man charged with running the team?

See, Murty's tactics these last few weeks have been woefully unsuccessful, to say the least. As has been is inability to change things when they don't work. What is that saying: "Never change a running system!" But when the system is not running, it doesn't need much brains to see that you need to change it. Be that with personell or with tactics. We haven't seen either.

Perhaps that leaked team sheet (methinks the Yahoos' were also leaked early, BTW) was a preparation for the fallout, even though if that was the plan, the leakist (some will sure point at Miller) couldn't have foreseen the capitulation on the park on match day. I doubt it was of any service to the Scum, they had their team set up and knew how to kill us off. Simply doing what every other team does: press us hard and everywhere, force errors and take your chances.  Given the quality of their players and our current form, it was bound to end in tears unless all our players broke their neck for the jersey. Which they didn't. And saying that, no matter how we had lined up, if the players weren't up for this, the Scum would have come out on top.

So was the leaked sheet a mine planted by the dissenters to prepare the support for disaster? Who can tell. What can be said is that Murty's obviously not that willing to talk tactics or reason with senior pros, who clearly think their opinion shall be - at least - heard. Might be that that's something he's taken over from teaching more gullible and restrained youth players. And this is not about Miller et al wanting a starting line up. It is about changing a system that clearly isn't running. If (apparently) Murty is immune to such debate, some desperate measures might have been needed.

A lot of ifs in there. And all coming at the most inopportune time of the season ...

Regarding the them and us stuff ... IMHO, Lee Wallace oozes Rangers and I doubt that he is wanting his place in the starting line back from John right now and causes unrest for that reason. But he sure wants us to perform as well as it gets and if that ain't happening, he, as club captain will speak up. And if his voice is not heard, he will speak louder or more forcefully.

No-one is bigger than the club. But that pendulum swings in both directions, manager and players alike. He sure knew that what he was doing wasn't okay, but a point was needed to be made.

So much discussion about who might shoulder the greater blame, Murty or certain players, when (almost certainly) neither of the parties will be anywhere near Ibrox next season.

The real issue here isn't which of them is most to blame but how did things come to such a sorry pass and what's to be done to make sure it doesn't become such a public humiliation again? This situation didn't happen overnight, the warning signs have been there for months at least. Why wasn't this picked up at a higher level and action quietly taken? Why is it that at Rangers everyone always seems to be looking the other way until the shit hits the fan yet again?

This entire farce is a failure of leadership. Not management but leadership. There are usually more managers in an organisation than is good for it but there is only ever room for one leader. I'm not sure we have one or, if we do, whether he knows the first thing about the role. Until we get this sorted out, there will be more and more blaming games to indulge in.

The problem with correcting failing leadership is that poor leadership is tenaciously self-sustaining and (by definition) always the most difficult to dislodge. Unfortunately, I see a long and troubled road still stretching ahead of us and, much as we're all sick of these things, only another boardroom revolution has any chance of turning the corner. The likes of Club1872 might want to think hard about its immediate agenda and whether it's sensible to continue taking money to fund share purchases that will only cement in place what is fast becoming a toxic regime.

Edited by Bill

45 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Regarding the them and us stuff ... IMHO, Lee Wallace oozes Rangers and I doubt that he is wanting his place in the starting line back from John right now and causes unrest for that reason. But he sure wants us to perform as well as it gets and if that ain't happening, he, as club captain will speak up. And if his voice is not heard, he will speak louder or more forcefully.

No-one is bigger than the club. But that pendulum swings in both directions, manager and players alike. He sure knew that what he was doing wasn't okay, but a point was needed to be made.

- Murty dosn't cut it and needs to be put out of his misery asap

- The Rangers board need to up their game and find a solution asap

- Miller has caused problems for more than one Rangers manager, UNACCEPTABLE

- Miller has a longterm two-way relationship with Keith Jackson/DR that sees information for a media defence/promotion, eg. see end of last season/contract renewal

- The so-called 'passion' is often only seen when self-interest comes into play, eg. not starting, wants contract, etc.

No-one comes out of this well

Edited by buster.

38 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

See, Murty's tactics these last few weeks have been woefully unsuccessful, to say the least. As has been is inability to change things when they don't work. What is that saying: "Never change a running system!" But when the system is not running, it doesn't need much brains to see that you need to change it. Be that with personell or with tactics. We haven't seen either.

Perhaps that leaked team sheet (methinks the Yahoos' were also leaked early, BTW) was a preparation for the fallout, even though if that was the plan, the leakist (some will sure point at Miller) couldn't have foreseen the capitulation on the park on match day. I doubt it was of any service to the Scum, they had their team set up and knew how to kill us off. Simply doing what every other team does: press us hard and everywhere, force errors and take your chances.  Given the quality of their players and our current form, it was bound to end in tears unless all our players broke their neck for the jersey. Which they didn't. And saying that, no matter how we had lined up, if the players weren't up for this, the Scum would have come out on top.

So was the leaked sheet a mine planted by the dissenters to prepare the support for disaster? Who can tell. What can be said is that Murty's obviously not that willing to talk tactics or reason with senior pros, who clearly think their opinion shall be - at least - heard. Might be that that's something he's taken over from teaching more gullible and restrained youth players. And this is not about Miller et al wanting a starting line up. It is about changing a system that clearly isn't running. If (apparently) Murty is immune to such debate, some desperate measures might have been needed.

A lot of ifs in there. And all coming at the most inopportune time of the season ...

A very good point on last nights Clyde SSB by Jim Duffy (I think)....

Murty wouldn't have rocked up to Hampden on Sunday, sat the team down & told them the game plan for the 1st time.....it would have been discussed & practiced throughout the course of the week @ training sessions etc.  By the time the team arrived at the ground they will know the plan & tactics for that game - anything after that will be refresher.  Those sessions during the week was the time for players to question/query the plan.

Given that train of thought, it is then likely that Miller & Wallace then pointed out how flawed the plan was AFTER the match, with more potential of personal attack of the manager - that being where the line was crossed.

1 hour ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Until we know what went on, if we ever do? there should be no witch hunt!.

I do think the way the board are handling this is bad, especially if reports are to be believed that al the players are backing up Miller & Wallace. Wallace being captain of the club, and Miller, has been handled embarrassingly by the club, IMO.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Until we know what went on, if we ever do? there should be no witch hunt!.

I do think the way the board are handling this is bad, especially if reports are to be believed that al the players are backing up Miller & Wallace. Wallace being captain of the club, and Miller, has been handled embarrassingly by the club, IMO.

I don't think they are handling the process particularly bad....the way it has been reported/spun in the media makes it look REALLY bad though.  If the players have been out of line, then the company has every right to implement it's disciplinary process.  That likely involves removing the players in question from the situation ie. suspension from work until the process has been completed.  That is the normal, correct course of action.