Problems at Ibrox....

2 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

I didn't come across it we use it every day or most days.You will be wiser soon enough, I have no intention of getting into any argument about a clear breach of a court order by king, he has consequences to face. 

I don't want an argument, I only asked a question.

Whose perception was it ?

19 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

No it isn't my opinion, interdicts are sought to enforce the protection of the rights of those affected by the miscreants actions, also to enforce the consequences of not complying with a court order, amazing how many think king is above the law in any country. 

No they are not interdicts are a negative remedy designed to prevent an activity or course of conduct. They can not be used to enforce a positive obligation.

25 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

So you think Txiki isn't a measure of success, how novel.

Seriously.  Stating the name of some other guy is not a measure of success.

Explain to us exactly what the director of football at Rangers has to achieve to be a success.  In addition to this you should specify a period of time for him to achieve it by.

26 minutes ago, Calgacus said:

No they are not interdicts are a negative remedy designed to prevent an activity or course of conduct. They can not be used to enforce a positive obligation.

I am going to leave this here, king has consequences to face and face them he will.

The process of interdict is quasi criminal, and if the party who has been interdicted fails to observe the terms of the interdict, once notified of it, he is liable to summary punishment, which can include a fine or imprisonment. In a recent case before the Court of Session Paul Mackenzie was sentenced to 10 months imprisonment for his repeated breach of an interim interdict and interdict obtained against him. In sentencing him the Court referred to his "wilful defiance" of the Court's orders and "that only a prison sentence would adequately mark the gravity and circumstances of the breaches". A reminder not only of the consequences of ignoring the court but also how useful the order can be in protecting rights.

5 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

I am going to leave this here, king has consequences to face and face them he will.

Before you leave can you simply tell us whose perception it was ?

Edited by buster.

35 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

The process of interdict is quasi criminal, and if the party who has been interdicted fails to observe the terms of the interdict, once notified of it, he is liable to summary punishment, which can include a fine or imprisonment. In a recent case before the Court of Session Paul Mackenzie was sentenced to 10 months imprisonment for his repeated breach of an interim interdict and interdict obtained against him. In sentencing him the Court referred to his "wilful defiance" of the Court's orders and "that only a prison sentence would adequately mark the gravity and circumstances of the breaches". A reminder not only of the consequences of ignoring the court but also how useful the order can be in protecting rights.

I'm with Mr Calgacus on this. Inderdicts are preventative, and I don't understand what the T/o P is attempting to prevent King doing. 

The T/o P may be seeking a Decree, perhaps, to force King to make the share offer, on pain of sanction, if he fails to comply. 

The action will be against King, personally, and, as such, may not prevent the fund holders (NOAL, i I rc, and/or whomever) acting as normal, and/or independently of King, provided Articles of Assocn, etc. so permit.

I do think that King is intent on complying with the previous judgement. 

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Oh, you know people do you?  Aye, no bother.  How important and in the know you must be.

Mccoist has done more for our club that you, me and every single person on this forum put together and deserves more than petty character assassination from people who can’t possibly know what went on behind closed doors.

He did much of his work whilst being a highly paid employee, doing his job.  I'm not doubting that he did a great deal of good for the club, and he certainly defended our titles when being faced with undue pressure to lose them.  He also, however, knowing that the club was a complete financial basket case, took every penny of his 875k manager's wage whilst on gardening leave.  I was, and am, one of those who said he was entitled to it as the Board were the ones that gave him such a package and such a pay-off - but please don't insult my intelligence by trying to justify that he did do because he loved the club.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

don't forget the wages (al be it entitled to) he continued to draw while on "gardening leave", even once DK took over....

Then there was the "forgetting" to cast his vote at an AGM, after agreeing to back the new board.

Aye, but he did that for the love of the club Darther, don't you know :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, pete said:

Here is the full Eredivisie all ex prof footballers except one who played high amateur. You have your opinion and I have mine. I can understand a General Director not having a Football background but a technical Director that has to dictate the way forward has to have a knowledge of football in my eyes.

Ajax – Marc overmars

PSV- Marcel Brands

Feynoord- Martin van Geel

AZ- Max Huberts

Utrecht- Not stated

FC Twente- Jan van Hals

Vitesse- Marc van Hintum

Sparta – The last one Alex Pastoor done a leveign and became Manager and got the sack when Advocaat took over.

Roda JC- Harm van Veldhoven

Groningen- Ron Jans

Heerenveen- Gerry Hamstra

Den Haag-

PEC Zwolle- Gerard Nijkamp (Not a Prof player but high Amateur)

Heracles- Nico Jan Hoogma

Excelsior- Not stated

Willem 11-Joris Mathijsen

NAC- Hans Smulders

VVV Venlo- Stan Valckx

Having a knowledge of football doesn't mean playing at a high level though.

1 hour ago, alskoosher said:

Nice touch of irony there with Paul MacKenzie being one of the erstwhile 'Blue Knights'.