[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

27 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I’m getting deja vu here.

That's because you were also miserable and pessimistic yesterday, and the day before.

I expect you'll have de ja vu tomorrow too.  ?

Can I also just point out to the Windass detractors , that the first goal was down to him tracking a runner into the right back slot , not only winning the ball but playing it forward to another Rangers player , when the easiest thing to do was put it out of play , just saying like

40 minutes ago, rbr said:

Can I also just point out to the Windass detractors , that the first goal was down to him tracking a runner into the right back slot , not only winning the ball but playing it forward to another Rangers player , when the easiest thing to do was put it out of play , just saying like

Not taking anything away from his contribution to the first goal goal but his pass forward was rather poor and really should have been intercepted.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If you click on the tweet, there are more clips of his play. 

Of course, I await the obligatory 'you can make anyone look good from a few clips' post... 

Don't really get what we have to take from this. That's a very simple and expected part of his role. Do you think he meant that pass or just hoffed it up the line?

Will be amazed if five full minutes of decent play could be put together of him from the last two games combined. He is like running with weights round your ankles, just cause we got there doesn't mean it's the best course.

Any clip of the header he had from five yards? looked a decent save but hard to tell from where I was.

Middleton has done more in two sub appearances to attract praise and create chances.

Windass needs to bring far more to the team. In training he looks like a world beater but during games he's a passenger for 80+ minutes who thinks he's a ?.

Has he had an assist or goal yet in the games this season? Think all the others who have played in front three have, don't remember anything in the games from him but maybe blanking it out ??

I thought last night was promising at times.  I feel better McGregor is back in goal, I thought the defence looked a lot more solid that it ever has and was particularly impressed with Goldson.  The partnership between him and Katic after 2 games already looks strong although I guess we'll find out how good when we met sterner tests.  I know what people are saying about flashbacks to last year but i guess there was no real change to the top of the team personnel wise, sure it would have been good if Windass and Morelos would have learned in preseason to be more clinical as the game would have been 5 or 6-nil and there would be nothing to discuss.  I can't imagine Murphy, Morelos & Windass being the front 3 come start of the season. 

11 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Has he had an assist or goal yet in the games this season? Think all the others who have played in front three have, don't remember anything in the games from him but maybe blanking it out ??

He set up Fredo's goal against Bury.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/rangers-6-0-bury/