[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

I’ve been trying to post tonight on a dodgy connection so apologies if repeating myself.

i was absolutely elated after we beat Maribor in the first round.

However, these are the facts as I see them. We beat a really poor side over these legs. Vastly superior to why we played in previous rounds, but a shit team.

Even if they finished 6th and struggled to beat progres, I think a sterner test awaits us. 

I thought gubbing maribor was a big thing, but on tonight I don’t think it was
Ah normal service is resumed.

8 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I’ve been trying to post tonight on a dodgy connection so apologies if repeating myself.

i was absolutely elated after we beat Maribor in the first round.

However, these are the facts as I see them. We beat a really poor side over these legs. Vastly superior to why we played in previous rounds, but a shit team.

Even if they finished 6th and struggled to beat progres, I think a sterner test awaits us. 

I thought gubbing maribor was a big thing, but on tonight I don’t think it was

Repeating yourself?  A negative post about Rangers?  Yes, I can safely say that you're repeating yourself. 

Maribor would have destroyed us last year.  It was a hard tie that was dealt with in a very professional manner.  Keep in mind that in recent years, Chelsea, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla have all failed to win in Slovenia against them.  They even managed a draw against Shalke away.  Obviously they are not world beaters but they were a decent outfit none the less.  Tremendous effort by the team and staff over the past few months.  Very proud of the progress being made in such a short period of time.

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'm trying my best not to get carried away, but as weeks in football go this has been a very enjoyable one and I aim to make the most if it. The last couple of years have been so bloody awful that professional away performances against half decent European sides should be greeted like long lost friends. 

We have a professional coaching team who know what they are doing and with SG, an authoritive figure to lead and inspire.

Setbacks will come but we've already seen we are on the right path.

Patience comes easier when there is light at the end of the tunnel.

ps. I ain't religious :D

9 hours ago, buster. said:

We have to qualify first but here is..............

Once the 4th qualifying round (or play-off round) has been completed, the 48 remaining clubs are drawn into twelve groups of four clubs each. Clubs from the same association will not be drawn into the same group.

Below it is assumed that lowest seeded teams of the 4th qualifying round of the Champions League qualify for the group stage of the Europa League, and that the highest seeded teams of the 4th EL-qualifying round also qualify.

Group Stage (48 teams)

Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Sevilla **               Esp 113.000              Sporting CP Lisbon       Por  40.000
Arsenal                  Eng  93.000              Ludogorets Razgrad @2    Bul  37.000
Chelsea                  Eng  82.000              FC København *           Den  34.000
Zenit St. Petersburg *3  Rus  78.000              Olympique Marseille      Fra  32.000
FC Basel @2              Sui  71.000              Celtic @3                Sco  31.000
Bayer Leverkusen         Ger  66.000              PAOK Thessaloniki @4     Gre  29.500
Besiktas **              Tur  57.000              AC Milan                 Ita  28.000
Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  54.000              FCSB **                  Rom  27.500
Ajax @4                  Ned  53.500              APOEL Nicosia @1         Cyp  27.000
Villarreal               Esp  52.000              AA Gent *3               Bel  27.000
Anderlecht               Bel  48.000              Racing Genk **           Bel  27.000
Lazio                    Ita  41.000              Fenerbahçe @3            Tur  23.500

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
FK Krasnodar             Rus  23.500              Stade Rennais            Fra  11.283
Maccabi Tel-Aviv *       Isr  22.500              Red Star Belgrade @4     Srb  10.750
Real Betis               Esp  21.399              FC Ufa **                Rus  10.676
Garabag Agdam @3         Azb  20.500              Rosenborg BK @2          Nor   9.000
BATE Borisov @4          Bls  20.500              Vorskla Poltava          Ukr   8.226
Dinamo Zagreb @4         Cro  17.500              Slavia Praha @3          Cze   7.500
RB Leipzig **            Ger  17.000              Akhisarspor              Tur   7.160
Eintracht Frankfurt      Ger  14.285              FK Jablonec              Cze   6.035
Malmö FF @3              Swe  14.000              AS Trencín *             Svk   5.000
Spartak Moscow @3        Rus  13.500              Videoton Fehérvár @4     Hun   4.250
Standard Liège @3        Bel  12.500              CFR Cluj @2              Rom   4.090
FC Zürich                Sui  12.000              Spartak Trnava @3        Svk   3.500

We're not listed here but I take it we would be in the place of Ufa there, so in Pot 4? That would means we'd have a much harder group than Celtic who are in Pot 2.