The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

They already know who it is replacing Morelos...they already know the price. Only a complete dullard would allow their team's numero uno offensive threat walk without a replacement(s) awaiting.

Before Fredo is on the plane out the new player will be announced and at the Hummurray for his physical...BET.

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If Morelos does go I’d prefer to see us go for a traditional 6ft plus centre forward which would give us the longball option should we need it

That lad Girod at Chelsea looks the part! 

Joking aside, I know what you mean and think if we are to buy 2 strikers, one will be "Roofe"-esque and one will be "Dykes"-esque. 

4 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

They already know who it is replacing Morelos...they already know the price. Only a complete dullard would allow their team's numero uno offensive threat walk without a replacement(s) awaiting.

Before Fredo is on the plane out the new player will be announced and at the Hummurray for his physical...BET.

No, they don’t know who the replacement is and they don’t know the price.  I have that on very good authority.

They we’re already looking at strikers before the Defoe injury anyway so they will have a list.  But they don’t know who they will be signing.... yet.

9 minutes ago, craig said:

No, they don’t know who the replacement is and they don’t know the price.  I have that on very good authority.

They we’re already looking at strikers before the Defoe injury anyway so they will have a list.  But they don’t know who they will be signing.... yet.

Craigarino, I thank you sir for that nipple of insight. However,  I must give my honest opinion on this matter. If they  do not have a very strong line on his replacement, then that is very bad business.

Though i understand the fluid nature of trade markets...you gotta plan...you gotta plan man.

As my old group commander used to say; "We need to have contingencies for the contingencies!"

They will be working a list if possible options.  They would have been working it prior to Defoe’s injury.

However, with Morelos now seemingly going and bringing in August if I can’t funds it may actually change that list of possible options and give us the opportunity to get a higher quality.

The club have known about the Lille bid for a few days so they won’t be surprised by it - but the sales price may move the target lost higher in terms of value.