[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 0 Rangers

The United Keeper made one save the entire game.

United went ahead in the 65th minute, we had fully thirty minutes to get back into it. A couple of half chances, ball drifting wide or over the bar from crosses.

Two games without shooting. We may never know what type of keeper Malmo have, if we don't take a shot. 

The Manager must find a way of injecting energy into the team.

We had one or two chances to score but never took them.  But we have to be smarter with our substitutions.  Lundstrom (who i think will disappear as the season goes on)  and kent should have been hooked a lot sooner.  Sheer desperation in the end.

8 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

We had one or two chances to score but never took them.  But we have to be smarter with our substitutions.  Lundstrom (who i think will disappear as the season goes on)  and kent should have been hooked a lot sooner.  Sheer desperation in the end.

Nothing like giving players a chance eh? Bet you said the same when Borna struggled for 12 - 18 months? 

Anyone get the feeling that we moderate our activity levels for these games? Do the coaching team try and get us winning with minimum effort with regard to the fact we have to get through so many games? I have no idea honestly, just a thought?

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's galling when you lose to teams like that, though. 

What did they actually do? Nothing. 

Yet a wee deflection helps them out. 

United may have done nothing but our lot did far less ?

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The United Keeper made one save the entire game.

United went ahead in the 65th minute, we had fully thirty minutes to get back into it. A couple of half chances, ball drifting wide or over the bar from crosses.

Two games without shooting. We may never know what type of keeper Malmo have, if we don't take a shot. 

The Manager must find a way of injecting energy into the team.

While today was meant to give game time to Aribo and Morelos, who worked their socks off, the rest of the midfield line-up bar Kamara and Davis were hardly helping. Lundstram and Kent were not injecting anything into our forward play, and as much I and some people like Kent`s workrate, there are games (too many, TBH) where much of his work ends up with nothing. My biggest bone of contention though is that he`s nearly undroppable. Wright has been a breath of fresh air, Roofe looks dangerous and even Itten looks a threat on either flank. It is time to put up the strike-force we have on display, instead of playing "attackers" who don`t come up with the good. At least as long as they don`t. 

And maybe it is time to give Patterson a shift in the Premiership too.