[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

the difference is in the coaching. 

if we swapped players the results would be the same. 

half their players on the park today are very ordinary but that are well coached and motivated. 

probably a bit of both to be fair. Their recruitment is much better and so is their coach. 

31 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i am confident Lawrence will be better ad cheaper than him 

Well, one difference is that O’Riley is 21 and will make them a lot of money. The Lawrence signing is one our better ones, but we’ve lazily renewed contracts while Celtic have picked up very good players at bargain prices, implementing a transfer strategy we pay lip service to. 

Edited by DMAA

Just in… f*cking hell that was grim… but not unexpected I guess which is the worst bit. When that first goal went in I just knew what was coming.

I know Gio has tweaked things in the way we play, but so much about how we setup, struggle to break down defences in Scotland and some of the weaknesses don’t seem to have changed one bit since Gerrard’s time. And as quite a few people have mentioned, the core of our team has been the same for years, during which time it could be argued that we’ve underachieved, time and time again in Scotland.

It could be a very long season… Off to have yet another beer.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I have to agree Bill but regardless of the quality of our opponents the commitment and lethargy of some of our players was shocking. I would say all of the goals were somewhat self inflicted and were preventable if we are on it today. That's not to say that Celtic would not have won but if you insist on handing gifts to a talented team you will get punished. 

I had my reservations about our transfer business prior to the window closing and I think I will be proven right. I'm sure we've signed some players that will come good but to enter a season that will include CL football with Colak as our only focused and fit striker was criminal IMO. Even more so when we have a £5 million pound back up player on the bench (not a criticism of Ridvan BTW). 

I suppose it isn't Celtic's quality but the difference between the two teams that shocked me. They were definitely better than I expected them to be but, as you say, we were dreadful and appeared to misunderstand completely what these games are about. You'd think after more than a century that some bugger would write it in big letters across the dressing room walls ... you only win if you want to more than the other side.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

You were telling us what a great manager postecoglue is. 
we need to sort out our defensive & goalkeeping problems first

No, I didn't say he was a great manager at all, you just made that up to justify yourself.

I said he wasn't useless and was a serious manager.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I think that’s an oversimplification. They have very good goalscorers in their team. It isn’t a coincidence that Abada always seems to have 5 yards of space at the back post, he is very good off the ball. Sure, poor defending is involved, but good forwards will always make defenders look bad.

Until we start to properly mark Abada & Jota at CP we will continue to struggle there. Who was marking Abada at both of his goals?

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Yes you can. If you have the right players who fit in to a coherent system. At this stage, I'm not sure what our system or playing identity is under Gio.

And instruct players how to mark opponents properly. Who was marking Abada at both of his goals today?

18 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

And instruct players how to mark opponents properly. Who was marking Abada at both of his goals today?

It might as well have been me but i was sitting in my living room in Airdrie but was still closer than any of our fucking defenders.

Due to a commitment i never saw the game at all today , first one against them that i've missed in a long time ,seems i missed very little .

It did feel in the run up to it ,that the outcome had a certain inevitability about it ,but 4-0 ..FFS.

I take solace from the fact that our domestic form, strangely and rather annoyingly , bares no resemblance whatsoever to our European form .

Onwards and upwards.