[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This game pretty much sums us up

over the last few seasons. Really struggle to break down teams that sit in. I expect a similar turgid display on Saturday.

Saving grace in this tie for us is they need to come at us next leg.

...but they will have 11 men for the 90 mins, I should guess.

Edited by Uilleam

Just now, yuddie said:

That's what was happening last season, rinse and repeat.

Different(new) players though. You have to give new players time to settle, I thought we played well against a very competent side

Well, once we get these players all clicking (and match sharp), we should be seeing some fine football this season - hence I hate this early-season qualification trash. We hardly looked in much danger throughout, let's see what will happen next week.

Unlucky in some ways with the goal we conceded but ultimately far too many cheap errors in possession meant we couldn't apply enough pressure in that last 30mins. Some brighter moments across the game but I think we're just going to be patient as this new side gels.

Of course that shouldn't mean we excuse bad play or concerns about the system but there were positives to take from that as much as it wasn't the clear result and performance we wanted. A huge night next week in Geneva and a solid win on Saturday will go a long way to helping.