[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree with this, but I don't see how Danilo can be unfit: he was on fire for Feyenoord during their full pre-season. 

Very much so. Might be that Danilo had a minor knock, I would play him and Roofe ahead of Dessers, who, in all fairness, doesn't look that bad either. He was just rather isolated, as most other attackers are too far away from him. 

25 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

What's the general consensus on how much time? Interested in what people think. 

Reference the current Gaffer.

In the last 13 years, Rangers have had ten Managers, six permanent appointments and four have been given the gig temporarily. The temporaries have been McDowall, McCall, Murty(twice) and, Nicholl. Permanent appointments have all been largely unproven at Rangers expected level ie McCoist, Warburton, Caixnha, Gerrard, Vn Bronkhurst and, Beale. The guy given the longest was Stevie G, we could see he was building something by our huge progress in Europe. His third bite of the cherry came good in securing the Premiership by 25 points. I would argue his biggest failure was the two games against Malmo to secure a brighter financial platform for the club, losing from a winning position in the final quarter of the tie against ten men?

Our financial woes did not provide a stable platform for any of those above. Time is short at Rangers, Walter Smith was quoted as saying he was only ever three games away from full blown crisis. Continuity is everything, I want the Manager to be given time; however, as a supporter if we lose on Sunday I will organise and take my place in the firing squad. By Tuesday, maybe Wednesday I will be more lucid and rational and advocate continuity again.

Our Board under various guises these last three decades have often been guilty of short quick fix. Being lucid at this moment, I want the Board to stand stronger than our current midfield. Present a vision of our future, show us progress towards and, I will refuse to take aim and fire.

Their 3rd goal killed us last night just after we had managed to get a toe-hold in the game. It is criminal to lose a goal so soon after scoring, especially from a set-piece. It looked like whoever was marking De Jong lost him. It had happened a couple of times in first half as well.

We then capitulated to a heavy defeat. PSV deserved their win and hence deserve to progress. 

We matched them at Ibrox where a draw was probably a fair result. Last night their midfield and forwards clicked (they didn't at Ibrox) and they looked a very good team.

Whilst victory was always a long shot, the capitulation was the most worrying factor along with more individual errors. 

Our midfield being overran meant our defence was exposed and our forward players were strayed of possession for large parts of the game.

Beale needs to be brave with his team selection in Sunday as our best chance of victory is dominating them in midfield and attacking at pace.

Edited by CammyF

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If a manager change is afoot, we really need to bring in someone with proven credentials next.  Enough of these novices.

I think we're still some distance from replacing Beale but if the time comes I'd endorse every word of that.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If a manager change is afoot, we really need to bring in someone with proven credentials next.  Enough of these novices.

Who is currently unemployed? Or are we advocating more financial loses in paying compensation to MB and his staff plus compensation for the new manager and his staff?

Is it fair to say that which ever manager loses the game on Sunday may be looking for a new job come Monday? 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Who is currently unemployed? Or are we advocating more financial loses in paying compensation to MB and his staff plus compensation for the new manager and his staff?

Is it fair to say that which ever manager loses the game on Sunday may be looking for a new job come Monday? 

Not a chance

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

GIF by Regal