[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

21 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

The tactics last night threw the entire team into disarray and it was obvious 20 minutes into the game.  Is all of this the manager's ego trip?

I blame last evening's world wide phenomenon, 'the Blue Moon'.

Our players were moonstruck, lost amid the fantasy and reverie.

The good news is that it will be another dozen years before a Blue Moon appears again. 

Sometimes it's difficult to keep track on here.

Before the PSV home games, many were saying we're going to take a pasting. We didn't and suddenly we were going to go to Eindhoven to qualify, come third in our group, drop to the Europa and go on to win it.

Following a pasting in Eindhoven, all our players (apart from Butland) are rubbish, the manger hasn't a clue and we're on a road to nowhere.

I don't know if our reaction to poor performances is over the top or whether our belief after a good result is misplaced.

For my part, I enjoyed the PSV home game and thought PSV were the better team but our second half performance showed some promise. I was prepared for PSV winning in Eindhoven but we got thrashed and I did not expect that.

It seems to me we have a team to do well in the SPFL. They have space and possession and sometimes they can shine. Go into Europe and we see the reality. Maybe it lies with the manager, I don't know, but I am not looking forward to our European matches, regardless of who we get. I say that now, but come 21st September, no doubt I'll be raring to go. Let's hope so.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Before the PSV home games, many were saying we're going to take a pasting. We didn't and suddenly we were going to go to Eindhoven to qualify, come third in our group, drop to the Europa and go on to win it.

Following a pasting in Eindhoven, all our players (apart from Butland) are rubbish, the manger hasn't a clue and we're on a road to nowhere.

I don't know if our reaction to poor performances is over the top or whether our belief after a good result is misplaced.

For my part, I enjoyed the PSV home game and thought PSV were the better team but our second half performance showed some promise. I was prepared for PSV winning in Eindhoven but we got thrashed and I did not expect that.

It seems to me we have a team to do well in the SPFL. They have space and possession and sometimes they can shine. Go into Europe and we see the reality. Maybe it lies with the manager, I don't know, but I am not looking forward to our European matches, regardless of who we get. I say that now, but come 21st September, no doubt I'll be raring to go. Let's hope so.

Some of us are consistent, some are reactionary. 

If we win on Sunday all will be rosy; lose... 

I will continue to doubt the ability of the manager whatever the result.  

4 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

It's the modern way I'm afraid. I said it before but this is the most analysed squad in our history.

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

And some of us don't know what to think and most of us are simply reacting to what we see game by game. Anyone who isn't less optimistic after watching the game in Eindhoven is probably kidding themselves.

49 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

If he wins us the league, will you still question his ability? If not, what will it take? 

Walter Smith is the greatest Rangers manager of my generation and with 1 exception in Europe in each of his spells, we were torture.

In his 1st spell, he had untold millions to assemble a squad to compete in Europe, he constantly failed. 

What he did do was dominate domestically. His 2nd spell was a bigger achievement IMO as he had less resources than in his 1st spell. 

We need level heads and stability to move forward. We'll never be successful if we continue to change managers if we deem them a "failure" are 3, 6, 9 months.

Imagine if we wanted WS sacked for getting cuffed by AEK Athens or Grasshoppers in CL qualifiers.