Rangers Summer Transfers - your say!

Guest bhangraman1986

My worry regarding new signings is I actually worry what quality we can attract to the SPL.

Let's here some of your suggestions.

IMO the coverage of our UEFA cup run in England has done wonders to raise our profile in England so I genuinely believe we should be able to attract a higher standard of player than we have in recent seasons. The problem is can we afford them?

As a few people on here have commented our squad is not that far away from being a real force for years to come so should Walter spend on 2 or 3 high quality players or should he go for 6 or 7 mediocre or future star type players??

I still think we have the basis of a good squad, but if this season has shown anything, its that some of the players I thought were good enough, clearly aren't. And what's the point of having a much larger squad if WS won't use the whole squad?

And what's the point of having a much larger squad if WS won't use the whole squad?

Good point. When out injury/suspension list caught up with us WS continually used players that were clearly not first choice and he completely overlooked the exciting talent coming through our youth system. Furman, Fleck, Lennon and many more have been producing some excellent performances for the reserves.

Let's here some of your suggestions.

IMO the coverage of our UEFA cup run in England has done wonders to raise our profile in England so I genuinely believe we should be able to attract a higher standard of player than we have in recent seasons. The problem is can we afford them?

As a few people on here have commented our squad is not that far away from being a real force for years to come so should Walter spend on 2 or 3 high quality players or should he go for 6 or 7 mediocre or future star type players??

My suggestions ??,i'm not one for guessing what players are going to be looked at.But I would like to think we will try and bring in a couple of wide players with pace and drive,a quality striker or two,just for starters.

OK if no one else will then here goes. These players are all available and attainable at the right price/wages, which given we have made �£30m from europe and Hutton shouldn't be a problem. lol.

Strikers: Aruna Dindane, pacy, powerful box of tricks can also play wide left. Ivory Coast International. Recently relegated from Le Championnat with RC Lens. �£3-�£4m.

Ivan Klasnic. Classy all round striker who could provide the focal point of our attack. Croatioan International. He's on a Bosman from Bremen so will command big wages but we were willing to pay Pizzaro a King's ransom so shouldn't be a problem. He has said in the papers that we are among a number of clubs after him. Let's hope the Dado factor helps sway things.

Johan Elmander.Swedish target man Le guen tried to sign but didn't have the cash. Ended up going to Toulouse for �£3.5m. They narrowly avoided relegation this year so lets get in there and offer the boy European football. �£3m ish.

Mikael Forsell. Finnish international. Great finisher, great technique, great experience of British football. Still only 27/28. Relegated with Birmingham. I'd welcome him up. Again �£3-�£4m. Mibee �£5m since he's ex prem.

Midfielders. Kevin Prince Boateng. German under 21 International. Currently at Spurs but hardly plays. Attacking central midfielder. Impressive specimen indeed. Big, powerful, fast athletic and very good at football. Not sure what you'd have to pay for this one as he was rated as one of the best youngsters in Germany when spurs signed him. Like I said though, he doesn't play much. �£4m?

Aaron Lennon. Spurs again. Doesn't get a game again. Lightning quick down the right or left flank. England under 21. They ony paid a million for him but I'm sure we'd have to pay maybe �£6m or so for him now. Maybe this one is dreamland but the story goes that he was shown round Murray park either last summer or January, depending where you read. We're fucking minted and we deserve a high profile attacking signing like this to really change our game for the better! �£6-�£7m

Vladimir Bystrov. Spartak Moscow, formerly of Zenit. One of the fastest wingers in the game, some of you might have seen him tearing up the beggars earlier this season. I'm surprised he still plays in Russia, must be on massive wages. Still, lets have a go eh? �£5m

Maxi Rodriguez: Only kidding but he is a bosman, like Thiago Motta....

Defenders: Ludovic Magnin. Swiss International. cracking left back ball carrier type who can tackle. Bosman. Think we tried to get him in Jan. Dunno if it was a straight knock back or that Stuttgart didn't want to let him go mid season.

Lilian Thuram: One of the great defenders of his generation and languishing in the Barca reserves. Still got it, more so than Weir I would think and maybe looking for one last payday. Thuram and Carlos? Please god yes. �£3m tops.

Edmilson and Tomas Ujfalsi are also bosmans and would be fantastic for us. Would they come though? Like I say if the price is right they may well...

Mark Reynolds and Lee Wallace? Show some imagination Walter. Or at least get a few more scouts on board. :ffs:

I'd be happy if we signed any 3 of the above.

Mon the silly season!!!!!!;)

OK if no one else will then here goes. These players are all available and attainable at the right price/wages, which given we have made �£30m from europe and Hutton shouldn't be a problem. lol.

Strikers: Aruna Dindane, pacy, powerful box of tricks can also play wide left. Ivory Coast International. Recently relegated from Le Championnat with RC Lens. �£3-�£4m.

Ivan Klasnic. Classy all round striker who could provide the focal point of our attack. Croatioan International. He's on a Bosman from Bremen so will command big wages but we were willing to pay Pizzaro a King's ransom so shouldn't be a problem. He has said in the papers that we are among a number of clubs after him. Let's hope the Dado factor helps sway things.

Johan Elmander.Swedish target man Le guen tried to sign but didn't have the cash. Ended up going to Toulouse for �£3.5m. They narrowly avoided relegation this year so lets get in there and offer the boy European football. �£3m ish.

Mikael Forsell. Finnish international. Great finisher, great technique, great experience of British football. Still only 27/28. Relegated with Birmingham. I'd welcome him up. Again �£3-�£4m. Mibee �£5m since he's ex prem.

Midfielders. Kevin Prince Boateng. German under 21 International. Currently at Spurs but hardly plays. Attacking central midfielder. Impressive specimen indeed. Big, powerful, fast athletic and very good at football. Not sure what you'd have to pay for this one as he was rated as one of the best youngsters in Germany when spurs signed him. Like I said though, he doesn't play much. �£4m?

Aaron Lennon. Spurs again. Doesn't get a game again. Lightning quick down the right or left flank. England under 21. They ony paid a million for him but I'm sure we'd have to pay maybe �£6m or so for him now. Maybe this one is dreamland but the story goes that he was shown round Murray park either last summer or January, depending where you read. We're fucking minted and we deserve a high profile attacking signing like this to really change our game for the better! �£6-�£7m

Vladimir Bystrov. Spartak Moscow, formerly of Zenit. One of the fastest wingers in the game, some of you might have seen him tearing up the beggars earlier this season. I'm surprised he still plays in Russia, must be on massive wages. Still, lets have a go eh? �£5m

Maxi Rodriguez: Only kidding but he is a bosman, like Thiago Motta....

Defenders: Ludovic Magnin. Swiss International. cracking left back ball carrier type who can tackle. Bosman. Think we tried to get him in Jan. Dunno if it was a straight knock back or that Stuttgart didn't want to let him go mid season.

Lilian Thuram: One of the great defenders of his generation and languishing in the Barca reserves. Still got it, more so than Weir I would think and maybe looking for one last payday. Thuram and Carlos? Please god yes. �£3m tops.

Edmilson and Tomas Ujfalsi are also bosmans and would be fantastic for us. Would they come though? Like I say if the price is right they may well...

Mark Reynolds and Lee Wallace? Show some imagination Walter. Or at least get a few more scouts on board. :ffs:

I'd be happy if we signed any 3 of the above.

Mon the silly season!!!!!!;)

Great stuff there mate. Did you see Albertz's goal v I think Stirling?

From your list I'd take Elmander, Lennon (can we really get him?) and Thuram. Don't know why full back keeps coming up - what's wrong with Whittaker and SMITH? Anyone know if Smith is badly crocked?

Edmilson signed for Villareal yesterday.

Some good shouts Cotter and thats the level of players Id like to see us go for but I really cant see it. I like 3 of your strikers, i havent heard of the first 1 though.

Aaron Lennon would be awesome but another Premier League club would snap him up. Lennon on the right, Harry Kewell on the left???

3 million for Thuram though?? What is he now 36? WOuld be brilliant for 1 season but not for 3 million.

My suggestions ??,i'm not one for guessing what players are going to be looked at.But I would like to think we will try and bring in a couple of wide players with pace and drive,a quality striker or two,just for starters.

Sorry, not your suggestions!!! I meant bhangraman1986.