Rangers FC no longer for sale

OK that's it I am out of here until something happens, I have just been told that the Ellis deal is a dodo, to that I have nothing to add and will desist from posting, until I either have to fall on my sword or get on with the fitba'. I can also say that another source in the supporters hierarchy does not recall Akers in Vegas but does recall AJ saying he expects nothing to happen in the Ellis situation. Make of things that which you will. But things are spiraling beyond farcial, and to what avail, it beats me.

for those in the know, can someone please tell me why the rangers board are not privvy to any communications between ellis and murray?

This can be answere by a quick call to Ellis.

I don't think anyone needs to be in the know to answer that.

Murray is the majority shareholder so any potential buyer deals with him not a Rangers employee.

The club do have an 'independent' committee set-up to examine any offer which Murray decides to put to them but while they may recommend an answer of no to the minority shareholders, SDM can press ahead if he chooses to ignore their and our opinion on the matter.

No-one knows if this 'independent' committee have had sight of the finalised Ellis proposal. Going by AJ's most recent words, I doubt it. Ergo, the timescale of tomorrow lunch-time to have a deal seems unlikely to me; unless the input of the committee is even less than mentioned above.

OK that's it I am out of here until something happens, I have just been told that the Ellis deal is a dodo, to that I have nothing to add and will desist from posting, until I either have to fall on my sword or get on with the fitba'. I can also say that another source in the supporters hierarchy does not recall Akers in Vegas but does recall AJ saying he expects nothing to happen in the Ellis situation. Make of things that which you will. But things are spiraling beyond farcial, and to what avail, it beats me.

If Akers was in Vegas, someone on RM will have had his picture taken with him. :)

I'd just like to interrupt the flow here to offer my congratulations to OnlyOneAmoruso on his recent elevation.:)

I'd just like to interrupt the flow of this thread once more to commiserate with OnlyOneAmoruso on his recent pummelling at the hands of his new peers in that "other place". :D:D:D What a difference a day makes :whistle:

I was married in The Wee Free in Thornwood, you must know some very thin skinned Presbyterians. :giruy:

Good on you Wash. I was brought up in the 'Wee Frees' myself. Good to see some Churches still believe in their roots.

But the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland deplored the plans and passed an official protest at its recent synod.

A statement said it finds it "offensive that this visit results from an invitation to the Pope as Head of State, giving him that recognition and pretended legitimacy which he claims in opposition to the principles of the Reformation."

It adds: "We deny that he is the head of the Christian Church or that he has any civil power which should receive recognition by any State, particularly one which has renounced his pretended jurisdiction."

Describing the Papacy as "deceitful and unrighteous", the Free Presbyterians highlighted recent global exposure of child abuse by Roman Catholic clergy, and suggest the Pope has connived in a cover-up.

It also highlighted that the tour is scheduled for the key anniversary of the Scottish Reformation in 1560. The Free Presbyterian Church adds: "We find it particularly offensive that this visit will commence in Edinburgh where, 450 years ago, under the brave and godly leadership of John Knox and our other Reformers, the jurisdiction of the pope was forever abolished."

This has to be go down as the most surreal thread ever, even for the close season.

I click on here every evening in great anticipation of what will be next.

Surreal eh? For the sake of spiritual uplift these megathreads need to be interspersed with something more to encourage discipline and reflection. I suggest haiku should be adopted to differentiate Gersnet from the ordinary rabble. I'll start.

long days slow and tense

Ibrox shadow spreads out long

Ellis fades like smoke